Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabala's Dental and Eye Journey

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tlcwrites View Post
    Fabala's eye is actively weeping again.

Back at the vets at 4.

Oh no!

Thinking of you both T xx

Fabala's ok. Yuki hates the vet and was terrified whilst there. Nurse even commented on it whilst they were out back. He's mostly back to normal now though.

Fabala only wanted to be in my arms during D's consultation with her. Thankfully her weight has remained completely stable. D spoke to Z about her. They performed a quick flush whilst conscious and she was her usual good girl. Z told D the fluid from the eye was much less gunky, actually clear this time. So, she's back on a course of eye drops (Clorogen this time) in the hopes of finally kicking it to the kerb. If that doesn't work, the initial sample (which they've still got) will be sent for testing.

Fabala has responded well to the new eye drops. She is back to her normal self, loving attention, food, being more energetic. Eye is looking much clearer too.

I'm feeling relief at the moment.

I’m so glad to hear she is doing better

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

I realised yesterday vet D didn't tell me how long a course of clorogen to give Fabala.

Thankfully today we were back at the vets anyway. (Neo, Filavac vaccination, he's in good health and chewed my coat the little monkey!) We're to continue til Monday, which is fine by me. Less so for Fabala, but she gets treats and cuddles so....

She's back at the vets 2 weeks today for her Nobivac vaccination. And hopefully not before then.

Good news.x

Noticed her eye is weeping again. It was fine this morning.

Calling the vets again first thing.

We're booked in for 5.15pm with Z.

Could've had an earlier appointment but wanted to see one of the 2 vets who have been working the case rather than bring in a 3rd.

I hope the vet can give something that will clear it up xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Oh Fabala...

Z flushed her eye again and it was a lot gunkier than 2 weeks ago, with D. Z actually assisted him then so knew first-hand the difference. Which confirms really exactly why I wanted to see her instead of a new-to-me vet. The practice we go to now is exotics focussed so seeing a new vet wouldn't be a stab in the dark like it was at the more local place, where we first met D and Z.

Anyway, back to Bala... She is back on the drops she was on before for now. The sample taken during the initial flush is now being sent off for testing. When we get the results, we'll know where to go next.

The other thing it could possibly be is sinuses. Which will require more surgery. It may also mean she requires some form of eye drops for the rest of her life.

I now realise just how lucky I was with many of my previous lops, especially as Bala has scored 3 times on the lop bingo of problems - she's short sighted, she's a dental rabbit, and eye problems too. Thank goodness she's such an affectionate, friendly, and loving soul. It makes her dealing with issues so much easier.

Yet again, Yuki was the most nervous, however...