• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fox proof wire

HowardMark

New Kit
Hi I am getting a new hutch with pen attached but wondered if it's worth putting extra mesh on outside to recent foxes getting in. The Manor is a 6ft hutch for my 2 rabbits. Wondered if there are other safeguards or suggest where to get fox proof wire mesh.

If you have foxes coming in why not opt for a playhouse or shed with an attached aviary. This will give the rabbits far more protection and they could be shut in overnight. By the time you have paid out for the hutch, a cover, and a run, you may as well opt for something far more secure for slightly more money. A playhouse/shed will also last a lot longer than a hutch.

Thanks for reply we have not seen any in the garden but next door has had a fox in. We have 3 dogs which possibly makes foxes wary. The hutch is ordered and will be on slabs so. To stop them digging out and foxy digging in.

The nails/staples are also quite important too.

I agree. I always staple mine on the inside of the enclosure so there is less chance of a predator prising the mesh off.

Back