• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

small pet select in the UK!

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
they're a fairly large company in the US, most US people I know use them for their hay and other bits and pieces. following their success in the US, they've also opened up shop in the UK :D

https://smallpetselect.co.uk

they do alfalfa, timothy & orchard hay in varying sizes. I did have a nose around, but the prices did make me :shock::shock: might just have to be a "treat" hay for my buns, as I couldn't afford it long term at that price :lol:

they're a fairly large company in the US, most US people I know use them for their hay and other bits and pieces. following their success in the US, they've also opened up shop in the UK :D

they do alfalfa, timothy & orchard hay in varying sizes. I did have a nose around, but the prices did make me :shock::shock: might just have to be a "treat" hay for my buns, as I couldn't afford it long term at that price :lol:

Well given that my 4 are going mad for cheap farm baled hay in preference to all the 'posh' hays they have I think you'd be wise to only buy from the company occasionally !! If you have somewhere you could store a couple of bales of hay I'd look at buying that. I get mine delivered from the Farm that supplies Hampton Court Palace stock yard. As I am not far away from Hampton Court the Farm dont charge me for delivery. I pay about £6.00 for an approx 30kg bale of 'Best Hay' x

Just took a look. It seems slightly cheaper then the shops but not enough for me to warrant buying from if you order 9kg. Just went back and looked at the lowest weight at 12oz and that was A rediculas price. When I pay under £40 for 19kg it’s not worth it to pay double for an extra 3kg.

Did you see the thread on haybox.club?

I did get my hay from a local farm but I was unimpressed, 2/3 times the bale had brambles in it, hurt luna’s paw and my hands! so I packed that in. no other local farms sadly.

mostly get mine from hay and straw, I rotate between timothy and ings hay. although the timothy hay isn’t very green atm so I might look into something else for the timothy.

I didn’t catch the hay box thread [emoji846]

haybox seems to be on the same prices as hay and straw from the looks of the meadow hay. timothy is more expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG.That sampler box totalling 3.6k & costing over £40. They are having a giraffe surely. absurd pricing which happily enables my bunnies to stay loyal to timothyhay.co.uk

I get mine from hay and straw as well. The girls went nuts for the Timothy but we’re like meh we will eat it if we have to for the ings and medow all in the sample pack.

Sample pack was fine but I’m realising the medow hay is quiet dusty from there so once that’s done ( mainly gets used in the litter trays ) then I’m going to try the haybox.club and see what they think. Although it’s slightly more expensive I still think it’s worth it over buying pet shop hay although they get a few treat hays through the month.

I emailed timothyhay.co.uk about samples a month ago and only got a reply today about it. Also going to ask haybox.club if they do samples

the timothy is very yellowy at the moment, usually its nice and green. apparently they've gone off of the ings hay! so I think I'm gonna have to go back to the drawing board and see what there is.

the haybox hay seems to be similar pricing as timothyhay.co.uk - if you do get some please let me know what you think of it. I might order myself a small box of it and see what its like. if they don't like it I'll probably give it to my friend, we often swap hay & toys our buns didn't enjoy :lol:

might give timothy hay a shot too, I'll have to see. their hay always seems to be green and good quality admittedly. hay and straw just varies a lot, apart from the ings hay.

speaking of that I need some more redigrass and possibly some oat hay from the same company :lol:

It is yellow at the moment but they eat loads of it as well as treat hay and some of the medow. Although it’s brown its their all out fave. It is why I wanted to try other places.

Have just asked if haybox do samples will let you know what the answere is. If not I’ll get a small box and let you know.

I’ve seen every one give rave reviews about timothyhay and hopfully my buns will like the samples.

I would love to order bales from a farm but I have no clue where to start. Although my daughter rides so I might see if the riding school has any ideas. I would probably have to store it in my bedroom tho :lol:

OMG.That sampler box totalling 3.6k & costing over £40. They are having a giraffe surely. absurd pricing which happily enables my bunnies to stay loyal to timothyhay.co.uk
[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Agreed

Well given that my 4 are going mad for cheap farm baled hay in preference to all the 'posh' hays they have I think you'd be wise to only buy from the company occasionally !! If you have somewhere you could store a couple of bales of hay I'd look at buying that. I get mine delivered from the Farm that supplies Hampton Court Palace stock yard. As I am not far away from Hampton Court the Farm dont charge me for delivery. I pay about £6.00 for an approx 30kg bale of 'Best Hay' x
I pay £6 in Nottingham as well, but I pick up. My parents are appalled at the price but I think they haven't factored for inflation :lol: We used to get black binbags of 'offcuts' (3-5kg maybe?) for less than £1 at the shop down the road! It's now a barn conversion/housing development :S The poshest hay mine get are P@H bedding hay (for eating) :lol:

I pay £6 in Nottingham as well, but I pick up. My parents are appalled at the price but I think they haven't factored for inflation :lol: We used to get black binbags of 'offcuts' (3-5kg maybe?) for less than £1 at the shop down the road! It's now a barn conversion/housing development :S The poshest hay mine get are P@H bedding hay (for eating) :lol:

Sorry to bump an old thread but I've been looking for place in Nottingham to buy hay from. Do you mind me asking where you get yours, please?

I like some of their chew toys but they are also very expensive :? I’m hoping they reduce prices then I might try some of their products :lol:

Back