• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to get a rabbit to eat veg

willowflower27

Mama Doe
She will take nothing but parsley o sprinkle some fresh parsley amongst her hay as she also isn't a huge hay eater before i got her she was in pellets and that's all I'm surprised her teeth are ok but I've tried all sorts of veg herbs and grass and nothing but parsley will do bit I'm worried that's going to give her bladder sludge

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I don't think veg is necessary, some buns just won't eat it at all! its possibly because she never had it to begin with so she might be very confused. if she'll only eat one thing I wouldn't want to feed her it too often. instead could you try dried forage? some buns prefer it.

I wouldn't bother with veg if she won't go for it! Neither of mine get it except human leaving, but they do get forage for some variety. Hay is totally the main thing they need, everything else is a bonus/supplement.

Back