• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good or bad? Need some advice

Jaspar0205

Young Bun
Hey,

I have 2 rabbits, Jasper & Luna who are both fixed.
When I had adopted Luna, she was not spayed so I had to wait a few months before getting her spayed which was advised by the vet.
During that time, they shared a room but was separated by so there wouldn't be any fighting, once again this was advised by the vet. They would groom each other, run up & down, and lay down next to each other. Now, I got Luna spayed and was told that I could remove the pen that was separating them and let them be together. Since then (which was about 2 days ago) Jasper will chase Luna around (not constantly but when he does it's quite bad), she will run from him and jump in her cage and he stops. Most of the time they seem to just ignore each other (which, please correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently it's a good thing), I haven't seen any mounting attempts but she does go in his cage quite a lot and that's when he really chases her. '

I don't know if any of this is a good sign, and I should just let them be and sort it out or if I should stop the chasing right away.
Any advice is great but please don't be mean, this is my first time owning 2 rabbits at the same time :)

The main thing is hey are not fighting! When you put a boy with a girl what usually happens is the boy chases the girl who keeps running away. This is a really good sign and should settle down in a couple of days. Hope they have many happy years together.

Hi, from what I've experienced, this is normal behaviour :). As tonibun said, as long as it doesn't become fighting then its ok.

The pair (male/female) I bonded recently did this for days and I was worried that the female might get to the end of her tether with him, but not once did she become aggressive!

Best of luck :) x

Back