• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Reduced size of poos?

Thanks, I follow what you are saying. We didn't see Bertie's usual vet today so comparison with his previous visit was difficult (even with notes). At least I know from today that there is apparently no sign of soreness on tongue and cheek. Bertie is more co-operative with the otoscope than my late bunny, Spenser Milton!

Ah it sounds like your vet did a good job at investigating the spurs - I'm glad to hear there are no ulcers.
Good old Bertie, I hope he doesn't need a dental, but if he does he will be in good hands :)

Have you been stressed lately and he has picked up on it. These buns can be very sensitive.

I do suffer from anxiety, but this isn't new. I'm going to try and relax a bit more ... but this will be much easier once Bertie is back to his 20 + poo 'sittings'!

I hope that Bertie's output has started to improve overnight xx

Thanks for asking Jane. Output is still reduced I'm afraid. I'm to phone the vet tomorrow if no improvement. He is still eating well and behaving normally. He grooms an awful lot so I am dreading his moult!

Bertie's wee was a bit orangey overnight. Wonder if this is from the fibreplex and extra dried forage?

I'm pleased to report Bertie's output is much improved tonight. Not back to normal but much better than they have been for a few days.

I'm pleased to report Bertie's output is much improved tonight. Not back to normal but much better than they have been for a few days.

Well done Bertie !! Keep those poos improving, we want nice big round ones, as many as possible.

PS, you could sell them on Ebay as 'natural plant fertiliser' .............. ! :thumb: :D

Well done Bertie !! Keep those poos improving, we want nice big round ones, as many as possible.

PS, you could sell them on Ebay as 'natural plant fertiliser' .............. ! :thumb: :D

He's eating hay well so surely it won't be long before size and texture improve. You should have seen him gobble a fibreplex and spring green 'enchilada' last night!

I’m glad that things seem to be progressing well :thumb: he’s clearly a well looked after bunny :love:

I fear he may be just a little bit spoilt. He is not as fussy as Spenser was, but has his own ways of manipulating me.

:lol: after Frosty’s last dental, I referred to him as Prince Frosty of the high tower because I had to hand feed him an assortment of expensive herbs and vegetables bought especially for him, whilst he sat in his tower:lol:

After that, he wouldn’t eat hay unless I sat with him!

Back