• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone purchased from haybox?

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Hey! :wave:

Just wondering if anyone here has tried the timothy or meadow hay from https://haybox.club/ ???

We usually use timothyhay.co.uk but the other half is so allergic and suffers terribly. His throat closes up and he comes out in huge rashes all over his hands/arms. Regardless of this he has been putting up with it for approx 18 months now for the sake of the buns but it would be nice if he didn't have to!

Any reviews welcome and thank you :)

xxx

I havnt seen this befor but it looks worth a go and seems incredibly green.

I usherly order from hayandstraw but might try this once we’ve almost finished our last order.

Just wondering if anyone here has tried the timothy or meadow hay from https://haybox.club/ ???

We usually use timothyhay.co.uk but the other half is so allergic and suffers terribly. His throat closes up and he comes out in huge rashes all over his hands/arms. Regardless of this he has been putting up with it for approx 18 months now for the sake of the buns but it would be nice if he didn't have to!

xxx
No I haven't tried these. But I had the same reaction to the Timothy hay. I'm now using the Ings hay from hay and straw and the buns love it and I'm fine too. They do a meadow hay too, I ordered their sample pack of all three Hays for the buns to try.

Yes we use the Ings hay from hay and straw too but our monkeys love a good timothy hay to go alongside with it. I haven't tried the meadow hay though so maybe i'll give that a go! x

xxx

No I haven't, but wanted to pop on here and say hello Roxy :wave:
Haven't seen you for so long! How's you?

Yes we use the Ings hay from hay and straw too but our monkeys love a good timothy hay to go alongside with it. I haven't tried the meadow hay though so maybe i'll give that a go! x
Have you tried them with oat hay. I buns love oat hay too. So they get that instead of Timothy. You could try that?

Have you tried them with oat hay. I buns love oat hay too. So they get that instead of Timothy. You could try that?

Yes! We used to order the Oat hay from timothyhay.co.uk and they loved it at first but after a while they got bored and stopped eating it :roll: They are unbelievable really! We ordered 5 boxes of timothy from dustfreehay.co.uk once and they wouldn't even try it. We ended up donating the whole lot to a local guinea pig rescue!

No I haven't, but wanted to pop on here and say hello Roxy :wave:
Haven't seen you for so long! How's you?

Hi MM!
Yes it has been a while. I do pop by and hover occasionally but haven't had a whole lot to report with my lot for a change! Thankfully!!!! :lol: Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself there!
How are you?
xxxx

Yes! We used to order the Oat hay from timothyhay.co.uk and they loved it at first but after a while they got bored and stopped eating it :roll: They are unbelievable really! We ordered 5 boxes of timothy from dustfreehay.co.uk once and they wouldn't even try it. We ended up donating the whole lot to a local guinea pig rescue!
Sounds like my buns. I've donated a lot of perfectly good hay and forage treats that they just won't touch.

They have some oat hay nibbles at the moment, which I bought to try. They are eating all the oats off each stalk and leaving the rest. Humph. Won't buy them again.

Hi MM!
Yes it has been a while. I do pop by and hover occasionally but haven't had a whole lot to report with my lot for a change! Thankfully!!!! :lol: Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself there!
How are you?
xxxx

Ah we're great thank you!

I am so pleased you are all settled with the brood. You certainly deserve to be!
And long may it continue :)

well I thought i’d update you all [emoji38][emoji38]

ordered it 9pm monday and it arrived today so I can’t fault delivery! I got a 2.5kg and it’s a pretty big box tbh!

as soon as I opened the box the smell hit me, wonderful sweet smell [emoji1786] it looks nice, not stalky but mine aren’t bothered by that.

the picture doesn’t do it justice but it’s very green too
1f64342a0373fa570d566cc67fff692a.jpg

will give the bunnies verdict later [emoji1696]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ordered it 9pm monday and it arrived today so I can’t fault delivery! I got a 2.5kg and it’s a pretty big box tbh!

as soon as I opened the box the smell hit me, wonderful sweet smell [emoji1786] it looks nice, not stalky but mine aren’t bothered by that.

Oooooo yes update with their opinions :D

What was the bunnies verdict? :wave:

oof sorry! totally forgot to update with Orion being a little pickle :roll:

I ordered the meadow hay :)

at first I thought they didn't like it, but I suppose Luna picked up on my stress of Orion, and being blind, I don't think she was aware that there was hay even there

however, when we got back both of them tucked into the new hay and it was gone in a few hours! they had the choice of their old hay still but they totally ignored that and just wanted the new hay :lol: so deffo a hit with our buns. and given Orion's stasis, the fact that he almost made a beeline for it shows that it must have been nommy ;)

its not very stalky or anything but mine aren't bothered, its lovely and fresh. the box's could also be given to the buns if you have bunnies that don't eat them as they're totally plain boxes so no risk of ink. I kept mine for the gerbils to slowly shred (broken into pieces by me of course!)

so I'd def order again :) can't fault delivery either as it arrived in two days, ordered Monday at 9pm and it was here Wednesday morning. & our delivery was with fedex, so it means you get a time slot of when its coming and if they can't find you, they can ring you. thats always the issue here with getting anything delievered as theres 4 number "1s" in our street and we don't show up on the correct road. I always had delivery issues with hay and straw as they used APC and my hay would be all over the shop :roll:

Back