• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding a 7.....can anyone do group bonding? Midlands area.

CometLucy195

Alpha Buck
Hi, I’ve not posted for a while, busy busy but have popped on every now and again.
I’ve still got 2 trios and have now been fostering rabbits for a rescue. I’ve fallen for a little lionhead and wondered if I should keep him and put him in with one of my trios. Or, perhaps I should bond the whole group into a 7? Far too wussy to do myself, anyone know of a group bonder in the Midlands?
I’ve got 2 setups so as long as I ended up with only 2 groups, I don’t really mind if he just got incorporated into one of my trios.
One of mine has snuffles and the new lionhead May have it too. Wondered about putting them together but they are 2 boys. That would leave a trio with 2girls and a boy and a pair m/f but I’d need no more than 2 setups. Or just try all 7 together? So confused as to what to do!

Wow. a group of 7 would be amazing (but difficult to poo monitor). What would you like as your ideal, seven or quad & trio? I guess you could tell your bonder your ideal & your next best option then let him / her judge which rabbits are the best fit according to how they behave with one another

I'm excited to follow this journey & hope to learn a thing or to

Hi, I’ve not posted for a while, busy busy but have popped on every now and again.
I’ve still got 2 trios and have now been fostering rabbits for a rescue. I’ve fallen for a little lionhead and wondered if I should keep him and put him in with one of my trios. Or, perhaps I should bond the whole group into a 7? Far too wussy to do myself, anyone know of a group bonder in the Midlands?
I’ve got 2 setups so as long as I ended up with only 2 groups, I don’t really mind if he just got incorporated into one of my trios.
One of mine has snuffles and the new lionhead May have it too. Wondered about putting them together but they are 2 boys. That would leave a trio with 2girls and a boy and a pair m/f but I’d need no more than 2 setups. Or just try all 7 together? So confused as to what to do!

Parsnipbun (Twigs Way) has large groups of rabbits that work. In my experience of groups, space is paramount - being able to go places, get away, do different things, just keeps everything ticking over nicely.

I hope you find a brave bonder :D

Yes I’m on a mission to find one now. I don’t really mind if I end up with a quad and a trio but I’d like to try. I haven’t 100% decided to keep Ted the Lionhead, I can only keep him if he goes in with the others.
MM - yes I have a large set up, well 2, so bonding them into a 7 would mean I could take the partition out. I’ve met Twigs Way's buns, what a lovely place she has! I’ll let you know if I do manage it �� xx

Just to add that large groups certainly can work, although I agree poo monitoring would be a problem :) When I was trying to find a rescue rabbit or rabbits to bond with Tethra, a lady adopted a family of Mum, Dad and five kits, which gave her a group of 25 :shock: They were housed in very large outdoor accommodation.

Yes I’m on a mission to find one now. I don’t really mind if I end up with a quad and a trio but I’d like to try. I haven’t 100% decided to keep Ted the Lionhead, I can only keep him if he goes in with the others.
MM - yes I have a large set up, well 2, so bonding them into a 7 would mean I could take the partition out. I’ve met Twigs Way's buns, what a lovely place she has! I’ll let you know if I do manage it �� xx

In due course it might be worth asking her how she maintains law and order amongst her housey brood :)

Back