• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free roaming multi rabbit households - questions

Ha :lol: this is us! We have got two buns in one bedroom with a baby gate and two in the next with a baby gate! They don't have access to the landing though, so can't see each other. Then we've got two gates at either end of the kitchen for the dogs!

We've got so fed up of opening and closing them that we often climb over, but we'll probably all end up with bad hips or something! x

Oh the hips! Yes those as well as the knees from falling over the gate.

I force myself to open them now, though tbh they are often left open anyway :lol:

thanks the three B's. We would deffo be climbers rather than gate openers.

I think I'll invest in a baby gate sooner rather than later to Boo can roam all of downstairs at least.

I have a question - do the gates need adapting (I'm thinking bar spacing). Any tips for a good budget buy?

We’ve got this one https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6532651 which has lasted several years. The mesh is thick plastic so it wouldn’t be good for a chewer! It’s pressure fitted rather than a hinge so it’s not so convenient but I’ve got used to quickly removing it so I can walk through.

thanks the three B's. We would deffo be climbers rather than gate openers.

I think I'll invest in a baby gate sooner rather than later to Boo can roam all of downstairs at least.

I have a question - do the gates need adapting (I'm thinking bar spacing). Any tips for a good budget buy?

Picked ours up for £3 on facebook market place.

We got a wooden Cuggl one from argos. everybun feeling much less penned in I hope. I certainly am

Back