• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

RVHD2 - The Healthy Pet Club

8d4ec0b321b86443e2d6721c935cc828.jpg

Just found my leaflet. ( it’s an old one but the only difference in benifits to the new leaflet is the second vaccine) I use the healthy pet club.

Missed a few things off.

I’ll see if I can find the other company and screen shot the benifits to post. I think most vets do one or the other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for posting this :)

Yea I'm not sure I'd get much use from it personally, I clip nails myself, would never use rearguard, the food would pile up [emoji38] and I'd be paying more than their vaccinations per year [emoji38] that's just me though! Plus would cost me 48£ per month [emoji38][emoji38]

I think F10 is lethal stuff [emoji38]
I've seen so many burns caused by it - very caustic. But I also know lots of folk who use it.

You have to tread carefully and make your own mind up with all these things, having researched it etc ...
Yea I know you do [emoji38]

It's literally caused him no issues, but again.. Maybe I don't use it much.. I only spray him when he goes outside in the summer if its really warm... Which is once or twice a week? He gets very scared outside and prefers to be inside [emoji38] so sometimes he won't go out at all, so I don't spray him :) I was so worried at first, but for him it works fine the amount we use it.

Seemed like the lesser of two evils too, rearguard is mad expensive and one time application [emoji38]

One last question I have, sorry [emoji38] do you have to go to the vets every month to pick up the food or hay?

One last question I have, sorry [emoji38] do you have to go to the vets every month to pick up the food or hay?

You can order it over the phonefrom the vets. I pick mine up from the but have never inquired as to if there is any alternative. Our vets order it in and we just pick it up when we go in for appointments.

You can order it over the phonefrom the vets. I pick mine up from the but have never inquired as to if there is any alternative. Our vets order it in and we just pick it up when we go in for appointments.
Ah I see :)

Hopefully you won't have to go every month [emoji38]

I know someone mentioned vets giving science selective food. I know depends on vet but mine gives burgess food and hay which both of my bunnies like. If you have one rabbit, you can get over run with food and hay, but if you have more than one, it gets used up.

Odd occasion if I have too many bags, I have donated to my local shelter for their rabbits.

I’m not sure if I will use rearguard yet, luckily mine have never had a issue with poopy backsides.

I know someone mentioned vets giving science selective food. I know depends on vet but mine gives burgess food and hay which both of my bunnies like. If you have one rabbit, you can get over run with food and hay, but if you have more than one, it gets used up.

Odd occasion if I have too many bags, I have donated to my local shelter for their rabbits.

I’m not sure if I will use rearguard yet, luckily mine have never had a issue with poopy backsides.

I have 2. We pick out the flowers from the hay and use it for litter trays and at the moment we use oxbow pellets but when they are old enough we may swap to the science select.

It’s a good idea to donate what you don’t use. I would like to find rescue near me to support and ocashnally drop it a few bits.

It’s close to where we plan to go foraging so it’s not really out of our way
Yea I think for some people it'd work :)

For me not so much [emoji38] my vets at least 30 mins away by car with no traffic, but there's often bad traffic. And I haven't been there since last November (bet I've jinxed that now [emoji849]) and most days I get home after they've closed, so really wouldn't work [emoji38] but I understand for lots it's a good idea :)

Yea I think for some people it'd work :)

For me not so much [emoji38] my vets at least 30 mins away by car with no traffic, but there's often bad traffic. And I haven't been there since last November (bet I've jinxed that now [emoji849]) and most days I get home after they've closed, so really wouldn't work [emoji38] but I understand for lots it's a good idea :)

I can understand that. Not every thing works for every one.

3 days out of the week I’m out with my daughter ( home schooled) so will forage a couple of times a month. The vets can be between an half hour to an hour by bus ( I don’t drive).

Also because beauty isn’t insured for any thing to do with the gut or digestive system the 10% ( I know it’s not huge) will help and probably make up a good portion of savings.

It works well for us also because I’m not confidant with clipping their nails.

I can understand that. Not every thing works for every one.

3 days out of the week I’m out with my daughter ( home schooled) so will forage a couple of times a month. The vets can be between an half hour to an hour by bus ( I don’t drive).

Also because beauty isn’t insured for any thing to do with the gut or digestive system the 10% ( I know it’s not huge) will help and probably make up a good portion of savings.

It works well for us also because I’m not confidant with clipping their nails.
Yea sounds like a good deal for you :)

Back