• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Apple core

I'll have to tell him, not that he shares food or kisses them tho [emoji38] and he washes his hands before touching them too :) we are a bit weird with hygiene after living with mice... [emoji38]

I've known that forever about cold sores for some reason .. I think because my daughter used to get them ?

Used to? I thought they were always dormant? Until they come out... Then they go dormant again? :S

She only had them when she was very small and hasn't had them since.
Maybe they are dormant, or maybe her immune system can cope with them now :)

She only had them when she was very small and hasn't had them since.
Maybe they are dormant, or maybe her immune system can cope with them now :)
Yea Idk! I'm not an expert, I just thought once you had them they were always just there but not necessarily active. I mean my boyfriends had two in the whole time I've known him... Years [emoji38] and it's only happened when he's been super run down so it may be an immune system thing :D

What does everyone else think about the human bacteria bit?
Considering mine choose to drink out of the dirtiest bowl they can use, and I'll eat less than wholesome food, I never really thought it would be an issue :D

My boyfriend sometimes gets cold sores... I don't seem to have caught it yet... Isn't it a form of herpes? [emoji38] Altho I won't touch him if he has one [emoji38] apparently his mum said a family member who had one kissed him on the mouth as a baby... Who does that D: that's a different rant tho [emoji38]
Poor him! That's awful. My Mum gets cold sores and has always been careful about not passing them on to me or Dad. Our household is proudly herpes-free :D Unless the bunnies have it and we don't know :lol:

Considering mine choose to drink out of the dirtiest bowl they can use, and I'll eat less than wholesome food, I never really thought it would be an issue :D

Poor him! That's awful. My Mum gets cold sores and has always been careful about not passing them on to me or Dad. Our household is proudly herpes-free :D Unless the bunnies have it and we don't know [emoji38]
Yea it is, I always said if we ever had a kid, I'll probably be a nightmare, I'd be the person asking people if they're vaccinated, have they had a flu shot, no kissing the baby, no flash photography.. The list goes on... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] Tbf I asked everyone to wash their hands before touching the puppies after they were born... [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

Huh, I didn't expect so many replies. Now I'm just as confused but at a higher level. I only do the apple core treat about once a week and I've never had cold sores; at the same time I'm only human and as such my body is a walking Petri dish.

Huh, I didn't expect so many replies. Now I'm just as confused but at a higher level. I only do the apple core treat about once a week and I've never had cold sores; at the same time I'm only human and as such my body is a walking Petri dish.

:lol:

What do you expect on RU? Every subject dissected :lol:

You're welcome :lol: The consensus defo swings to human bacteria not being a problem though if that helps

Back