• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this litter safe?

http://www.petsathome.com/webapp/wc...-home-wood-pellet-non-clumping-cat-litter-30l

It mentions that is has a pine scent, and I know pine is a big no no when it's shavings. Does anyone know if this litter is safe to be used with rabbits? The ingredients are:

Pelletised Kiln Dried Sawdust derived from UK Sourced Softwood.

Trying to find something new now that Fitch prices are through the roof lol.

Thank you :)

Yes, it’s fine :thumb: I’ve used that, and similar for my bunnies for years. I use it for the goats too! For the goats bed I use it with some of it activated with hot water so it fluffs up. It’s extremely absorbent. The only thing you don’t want is for them to eat it, but none of mine have ever tried it.

Thank you!! I don't think they'd eat it as they have lots of hay on top..what happens if they eat it though, is it really bad for them??

Thank you!! I don't think they'd eat it as they have lots of hay on top..what happens if they eat it though, is it really bad for them??

None of mine have ever tried to eat it, just given it a sniff, it expands a bit when wet so I’d be concerned if they ate much. I’ve used it in trays with and without hay on top without any nibbling.

Yes, it’s fine :thumb: I’ve used that, and similar for my bunnies for years. I use it for the goats too! For the goats bed I use it with some of it activated with hot water so it fluffs up. It’s extremely absorbent. The only thing you don’t want is for them to eat it, but none of mine have ever tried it.
Sounds like cubed sphagnum moss! :D

Back