• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Great Lopsy Escape (no pics, sorry!)

keletkezes

Wise Old Thumper
We went out at 9pm to see to the bunnies last night (pellets and bramble). They usually jump straight up on to the windowsill or at least come out to find out what's going on, but there was no sign of them. Sometimes they're a bit slow on the uptake so I opened the door and Aboleth thumped at me, she was down by the tube, under the windowsill. No sign of Lopsy. I reached a reassuring hand down to her but she bolted and hid in the long tube :( Where's Lopsy though? I looked round and the hutch top door was open: I had forgotten to bolt it after I gave them their banana! Lopsy wasn't anywhere inside it seemed, so I made sure Matt knew he might be out (so he could shut the gate) and had a look around. Something white moved under the oak tree: there he was, cleaning himself XD Matt suggested I get a carrier so I went back inside for the garage key. By the time I came back out Matt had managed to entice him under the lawn pen (it's puppy panels, a lot of it lifts easily) so he was 'secure' again, and open the hutch door at the bottom where the lawn tube connects. Now we just had to get Lopsy off the nice grass and into where he could have pellets! While Matt was wrangling with Lopsy, I tried to reassure Aboleth: she eventually crawled out of the tube slowly, and was really unsure, sat in the hutch bottom! She wouldn't move from there, not come outside to investigate, go back round to where pellets would be served, nothing. Until Lopsy came back in: then she started to slowly go through the tube back to the run, although she moved quicker once Lopsy came in behind her! They both went straight from the run to the playhouse and she went to the little litter tray, which I think might be a sort of safe space for her, and Lopsy bounded up on to the windowsill. Once I'd put the pellets down she went up and ate them, but when she'd finished her half she didn't bother Lopsy for his and just thumped a couple of times on the windowsill. They would't come out for bramble either, Aboleth because she was so unsettled and Lopsy because he was distracted by cleaning himself. Needless to say all the bramble was gone this morning as usual :lol:

We don't think he'd been out long, maybe half an hour, because of where he was and what had been eaten: some violets in the immediate vicinity! He also wasn't unduly hungry when Matt went over to him :) It was Aboleth we were most concerned about! No idea what she was thinking, but she might have been mad at Lopsy for going out without her :lol: She was also fine this morning :)

Oh dear, sounds like just what you need right before bedtime! [emoji23][emoji23]

I'm glad he was relatively easy to herd back in or it could have been a very long night!

Phew, I’m so glad he went back in cooperatively :thumb: it must have been very stressful!

I hope Lopsy enjoyed his adventure more than you & Aboleth. My buns were right pains to get in, he is a very good boy for co-operating

Thanks everyone! Yes, once he was back on the lawn in the pen it was alright, because we've been through the whole 'bedtime' thing from that point many times! It's easier because you just move the pen panels into a small triangle so he's got so little space it's go down the tube into the hutch or nothing XD If Matt hadn't convinced him he had something tasty in his hand (he didn't :lol:) to get him under the lifted pen panel I dunno what we'd've done.

Back