• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When is it warm enough to bond outside?

Beapig

Mama Doe
I'm wondering when it will be considered warm enough to move Jellybean outside for bonding? The weather has been very mild here for a while - 10 -13 degrees with lows of 8 degrees at night.

I'm not exactly in a rush to move her outside - just thinking that she will be much happier and more stimulated with other rabbits in a bigger space.

I'm wondering when it will be considered warm enough to move Jellybean outside for bonding? The weather has been very mild here for a while - 10 -13 degrees with lows of 8 degrees at night.

I'm not exactly in a rush to move her outside - just thinking that she will be much happier and more stimulated with other rabbits in a bigger space.

I can understand the thinking behind wanting to move Jellybean outside asap, but I would be wary of doing it just yet. The weather and temperatures that we are experiencing atm are quite unusual for February and it could be that there is a dramatic change in the next couple of weeks. We had very low temperatures and snow at the end of February last year.

I think I would leave it for at least another month and then reassess. She's going to love it outside with the others :) I would also want to get Plumpkin's referral appointment over with, so that you know how she is likely to be, before attempting to bond her.

I can understand the thinking behind wanting to move Jellybean outside asap, but I would be wary of doing it just yet. The weather and temperatures that we are experiencing atm are quite unusual for February and it could be that there is a dramatic change in the next couple of weeks. We had very low temperatures and snow at the end of February last year.

I think I would leave it for at least another month and then reassess. She's going to love it outside with the others :) I would also want to get Plumpkin's referral appointment over with, so that you know how she is likely to be, before attempting to bond her.

This is very true Omi - it just occured to me that we had snow in March last year so I had better hold fire! Thank you for the advice, I will make myself be patient :)

Back