• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy 8th Birthday precious Tethra :)

Omi

Wise Old Thumper
My little boykin is 8 years old today :love: Tan (ex breeder) gave birth to two kits at Windwhistle Warren in February 2011 and we adopted Tan, Yan and the two boys in February 2012. Tethra is very special to me, both in his own right and because he is a link to the rest of his family, who are sadly no longer with me.

He was joined in March 2018 by Tui, one of the "ex-meat rabbits", from ARC. They are very happy together and Tui makes sure that Tethra gets his exercise each day :lol: Eating is what makes them both happy and Tethra has taught Tui that the hoomans here are not to be feared and that if they both tolerate a tiny amount of stroking whilst eating, then no harm will befall either of them :)

The two spots at the top of the dark area on Tui's nose are very recent additions :) They just suddenly appeared a couple of weeks ago. She looked odd for a time, as one appeared before the other, giving an unbalanced look :lol: She now even has a dark area in the middle of her dewlap :) However, if it's the same as last year, all the dark areas will disappear for the Summer.

Anyway, today's all about Tethra and I wish him a very Happy Birthday :love:

I took some photos yesterday, which Joey&Boo will kindly add to this thread later today.

Happy birthday tethera. Hope your hoomuns spoil you rotten and you have a wonerfull day full of binkys and zoomies. Harlequin and Beauty say they are learning to accept strokes to and it’s not so bad

wsjqm2Nl.jpg

1nnEC0cl.jpg

lUqzIgsl.jpg

YLQFugBl.jpg

Might I say that I am impressed by your rabbits winter rations, loads of forage

Thanks so much for posting the pics for me :love:

The forage is all garden-grown, or should I say garden-tolerated:) It was mostly grass and Cow Parsley with a smaller amount of Red Dead-nettle. They seem to like it :)

Oh they're so cute together! [emoji7][emoji7]

I didn't realise we had the same buns [emoji38] castor rexes [emoji7]

Also Penelope has some weird stripe going on with her nose markings.. Kinda like Tui's dots [emoji7][emoji7]

Oh what a lovely treat! Hoppy birthday! Thank you for sharing Omi, made my day. What lovely bunnies you have been stowing away from us

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Tethra here:

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments for my Birthday :love:

Auntie Jane - Thank you for my lovely card. I guess the hat's a special gastronomic treat for my special day. I can eat it can't I? I've often heard hoomans say they will eat their hats and now I realise that they are some sort of delicacy, to be given to special creatures on their special days :lol: Btw it's not Tui's Birthday, so she needs to be kept in her place and in particular kept away from all the tasty food, which is there just for me :love: It's getting harder now though, because she's grown soooo large and so can position her body in such a way to prevent me getting to any food until she becomes so engrossed in the food and moves to let me in.

Aww happy birthday Tethra. You really are a very handsome bunny. Plus with glamour puss Tui at your side you make for a very dashing couple xx

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

My little boykin is 8 years old today :love: Tan (ex breeder) gave birth to two kits at Windwhistle Warren in February 2011 and we adopted Tan, Yan and the two boys in February 2012. Tethra is very special to me, both in his own right and because he is a link to the rest of his family, who are sadly no longer with me.

He was joined in March 2018 by Tui, one of the "ex-meat rabbits", from ARC. They are very happy together and Tui makes sure that Tethra gets his exercise each day :lol: Eating is what makes them both happy and Tethra has taught Tui that the hoomans here are not to be feared and that if they both tolerate a tiny amount of stroking whilst eating, then no harm will befall either of them :)

The two spots at the top of the dark area on Tui's nose are very recent additions :) They just suddenly appeared a couple of weeks ago. She looked odd for a time, as one appeared before the other, giving an unbalanced look :lol: She now even has a dark area in the middle of her dewlap :) However, if it's the same as last year, all the dark areas will disappear for the Summer.

Anyway, today's all about Tethra and I wish him a very Happy Birthday :love:

I took some photos yesterday, which Joey&Boo will kindly add to this thread later today.

Happy Birthday Boykin Tethra, and many more to come! x

Back