• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What dried forage does your rabbit really enjoy?

My buns wouldn't touch the sweet green hay, and I ended up using the lot in their litter trays [emoji38]

Yea! It gets slowly eaten.. Atticus and Clementine don't have it because Atticus and his stomach, but the white buns get it sometimes, I just got a hay experts order with the one with the forage in it, think its called 5 something, they don't mind it sometimes and I like to give variety, but the sweet green got used in trays, and there's another one in the garage waiting to be used [emoji38] it makes no sense really! They seem to like more stalky hay I've found, if I run out of hay there's only two in pets at home they really love, one's the alfalfa king timothy hay, and the other is a burgess one I think? But they do a few different ones, it's the one in the resealable bag.. So expensive though compared to Timothyhay.co.uk!

All buns are so different I guess :)

My buns wouldn't touch the sweet green hay, and I ended up using the lot in their litter trays :lol:

Just shows how different rabbits can be, just like us humans, they all have different tastes. F&F go wild for the sweet green hay :thumb: :love:

Yea! It gets slowly eaten.. Atticus and Clementine don't have it because Atticus and his stomach, but the white buns get it sometimes, I just got a hay experts order with the one with the forage in it, think its called 5 something, they don't mind it sometimes and I like to give variety, but the sweet green got used in trays, and there's another one in the garage waiting to be used [emoji38] it makes no sense really! They seem to like more stalky hay I've found, if I run out of hay there's only two in pets at home they really love, one's the alfalfa king timothy hay, and the other is a burgess one I think? But they do a few different ones, it's the one in the resealable bag.. So expensive though compared to Timothyhay.co.uk!

All buns are so different I guess :)

This :thumb: mine quite liked the Alfalfa king Timothy but not as much as the sweet green or the Timothy hay from Timothyhay.co.uk. And they aren’t fussed by the burgess hay at all!

This :thumb: mine quite liked the Alfalfa king Timothy but not as much as the sweet green or the Timothy hay from Timothyhay.co.uk. And they aren’t fussed by the burgess hay at all!
Yea we shouldn't be surprised really should we [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I still can't get over how fussy Clementine is, some treats are just not her thing [emoji38] and some veggies and forage.. Whereas Atticus will eat anything you give him, even though he really shouldn't [emoji38] just makes me laugh you'll offer her something and she'll intently sniff it.. Then be like woaaahh you trying to poison me?! She looks at you like you've done something terrible then Atticus comes over and just eats whatever it is in one.. [emoji38]

Yea we shouldn't be surprised really should we [emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]

I still can't get over how fussy Clementine is, some treats are just not her thing [emoji38] and some veggies and forage.. Whereas Atticus will eat anything you give him, even though he really shouldn't [emoji38] just makes me laugh you'll offer her something and she'll intently sniff it.. Then be like woaaahh you trying to poison me?! She looks at you like you've done something terrible then Atticus comes over and just eats whatever it is in one.. [emoji38]
Haha. My pip is like this. Very fussy with food especially new food. Archie will Hoover up anything ..

Keletkezes- oh wow that’s a huge amount.
I woul have to hang mine or some thing to keep it off the floor as either the rabbits have access or it’s quiet restricted as we live in a flat.
Yeah, we're really lucky! You could hang it like this in a sheet from, erm, somewhere?! I have no idea how that might work XD Mine don't have any preferences though, if it's dried and they're not getting fresh it's still better than hay!

Yeah, we're really lucky! You could hang it like this in a sheet from, erm, somewhere?! I have no idea how that might work XD Mine don't have any preferences though, if it's dried and they're not getting fresh it's still better than hay!

I could hang a sheet off the shelves I have in the bedroom. Does it take long to dry?

Your lucky they don’t have a prefrance. We have only tried a few so far ( dandelion leaves and flowers, rose petals, mulberry leaf and parcley with celery) beauty eats it all although she is slower with the mulberry leaf and harlequin wont touch the mulberry. We mix it in their hay in the evning so it stops them being board at night.

Can I just ask- how much forage do you feed? I have no idea how to forage for fresh forage, but get stuff from the Hay Experts- plaintain, raspberry leaves etc. Do you give your buns a handful?

Thank you

Can I just ask- how much forage do you feed? I have no idea how to forage for fresh forage, but get stuff from the Hay Experts- plaintain, raspberry leaves etc. Do you give your buns a handful?

Thank you
Couple of handfuls for my white buns to share :) I mix lots of stuff together then do handfuls of that.

Thank you

I don't buy dried forage for my rabbits, but when they get some as a pressie, a couple of handfuls counts as a meal between all of them.
I don't give forage in addition to meals. Meaniebags me :lol:

I don't buy dried forage for my rabbits, but when they get some as a pressie, a couple of handfuls counts as a meal between all of them.
I don't give forage in addition to meals. Meaniebags me :lol:

What do you class as meals?

Apart from when they are fast asleep, I think my rabbits consider they are enjoying one long meal each day :lol:

I put a large handful in each litter tray as a hay topper when they are cleaned out each morning, then they'll have equivalent to a small handful per bunny late evening.

They never appreciate dried stuff as much as fresh. Hogweed crispies are one exception . I feed huge piles of fresh once its available, probably too much, I may cut back this year

Thanks all- that’s really helpful. Will feed them a handful. I’d love to find fresh forage but I’m petrified of feeding them the wrong thing. I even worry when I feed them a dandelion!!

MightyMax- by meal, I assume you mean pellets/ greens/ herbs? Although do agree with Omi, my rabbits thing they’ve got one giant fat meal!

Thanks all- that’s really helpful. Will feed them a handful. I’d love to find fresh forage but I’m petrified of feeding them the wrong thing. I even worry when I feed them a dandelion!!

MightyMax- by meal, I assume you mean pellets/ greens/ herbs? Although do agree with Omi, my rabbits thing they’ve got one giant fat meal!

Yes that's right :D

Back