• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What dried forage does your rabbit really enjoy?

I tried galens garden last night and it was so I’ll have a peek tonight :)

I didn’t have a good experiance with zooplus but will definantly look out for the ribwort else where.

Has any one tried the hay and gras bricks from galens garden?
Mine love their hay cookies to bits but the ones we curantly have make their poops really dark and a bit smaller

My bunnies like the hay cookies from nature’s own, they’ve not had the galen’s garden ones though.

I tried galens garden last night and it was so I’ll have a peek tonight :)

I didn’t have a good experiance with zooplus but will definantly look out for the ribwort else where.

Has any one tried the hay and gras bricks from galens garden?
Mine love their hay cookies to bits but the ones we curantly have make their poops really dark and a bit smaller

Yea those are the only two things I buy from zooplus, Jr farm I think is the brand they sell on amazon too. Its just much more for less compared to other places selling plantain.

Atticus loves the grass bricks :D he's the bun I have that's crazy about hay cookies too [emoji38]

My bunnies like the hay cookies from nature’s own, they’ve not had the galen’s garden ones though.

I did try looking for the natures own ones when at pets at home but they didn’t have any so I got another brand ( possibly woodlands) as the ingredients list looked good.

Yea those are the only two things I buy from zooplus, Jr farm I think is the brand they sell on amazon too. Its just much more for less compared to other places selling plantain.

Atticus loves the grass bricks :D he's the bun I have that's crazy about hay cookies too [emoji38]

Thanks Graciee I always like a bargain :D

Do the galens garden grass bricks change Aticuss’ poop at all?

I think if I let mine get away with it they would just eat hay cookies. The problem we have though with them is that their poop is really dark brown almost black and they are a bit smaller then nomal. They are so crazy about them that if I take them away they sulk and refuse to eat. Demanding worrysom rabbits

I did try looking for the natures own ones when at pets at home but they didn’t have any so I got another brand ( possibly woodlands) as the ingredients list looked good.

I think if I let mine get away with it they would just eat hay cookies. The problem we have though with them is that their poop is really dark brown almost black and they are a bit smaller then nomal. They are so crazy about them that if I take them away they sulk and refuse to eat. Demanding worrysom rabbits

Hard for me to answer that, Atticus has gut issues (ongoing ones) he doesn't produce normal poop ever..

But I will say forage will also change the colour of poop, dark doesn't necessarily mean bad, it's just dictated by what they consume.. My two white buns eat mainly forage and just hay as their diet, they mainly have huge golden boulders, but after forage they can become very dark depending on what I've fed, which isn't a problem :) smaller than normal.. I'm not so sure about! But again, grass makes any buns poop darker [emoji38]

Problems with quoting :(

Graciee- oh no I’m sorry to hear about the ongoing gut issues with Atticus hopfully he’s not to bad at the moment.

Ok so colour not nessaserally bad. Smaller I think is due to where they not getting quiet as much as if they were eating hay as the ones we get are quit compact and they have to nor away at them so maybe not so good.

Beauty has been giving me such a dirty look since I came back in the living room I swear she knows Im talking about her then I try to feed pellets that they usherly go crazy for and get totally ignored by both girls. No clue what Iv done but there is nothing like a rabbit to make you feel so undeserving lol

Problems with quoting :(

Graciee- oh no I’m sorry to hear about the ongoing gut issues with Atticus hopfully he’s not to bad at the moment.

Ok so colour not nessaserally bad. Smaller I think is due to where they not getting quiet as much as if they were eating hay as the ones we get are quit compact and they have to nor away at them so maybe not so good.

Beauty has been giving me such a dirty look since I came back in the living room I swear she knows Im talking about her then I try to feed pellets that they usherly go crazy for and get totally ignored by both girls. No clue what Iv done but there is nothing like a rabbit to make you feel so undeserving lol

Oh dw - he's going to be 2 soon :) he's had these issues for like a year and a half maybe? Idek anymore, we just manage it :) he produces some normal poop, but it's bright yellow, and then the rest is like a weird dark large blobby.. Consistency.. Its all been looked at etc, no one knows what's up, it's suspected he has megacolon. I'm always worried he's gunna suffer with stasis, but so far he hasn't... He just seems to exist like this [emoji38] it means he doesn't get cuddles anymore.. Which he isn't impressed about (he always has a slightly mucky bum) he's always trying to jump on me and gets denied everytime [emoji38] atleast Clementine still loves him [emoji38]

Yea rabbits are the worst for that! You feel really bad like you've really upset them [emoji38] they forgive... Eventually ;)

Maybe it's volume, you could feed one as a treat maybe, at the end of the day? After they've eaten a good amount of hay? Are they good hay eaters? Mine all eat copious amounts of hay so I don't have an issue with getting them to eat it, but it must be tricky if they're fussy with hay etc :(

Graciee- oh wow bright yellow that must have come as a shock.
No human cuddles that’s so not on is it Atticus tell mummy to send you on the train n you’ll get lots of cuddles here oh and clementine can come to lol
I’m glad hour able to manage it though.

I almost burst into tears ;( they been through a lot lately with the spay and recovery it just makes me feel worse lol I hope so or I’m going to be soooooo lonley lol

I would have to chop them into small cubes as they have taken for ever with these. They usherly eat good amounts of hay but it’s been almost ignored since they got the cookies. Beauty is even refusing to eat half her pellets in favour of the cookie

Are the galens garden ones super compact?

I’ve always bought on line from them, they also have the 5 a day hay and hay cookies in the range I think :?

Graciee- oh wow bright yellow that must have come as a shock.
No human cuddles that’s so not on is it Atticus tell mummy to send you on the train n you’ll get lots of cuddles here oh and clementine can come to lol
I’m glad hour able to manage it though.

I almost burst into tears ;( they been through a lot lately with the spay and recovery it just makes me feel worse lol I hope so or I’m going to be soooooo lonley lol

I would have to chop them into small cubes as they have taken for ever with these. They usherly eat good amounts of hay but it’s been almost ignored since they got the cookies. Beauty is even refusing to eat half her pellets in favour of the cookie

Are the galens garden ones super compact?

Yea at first it was, and the other type looked like a mini cow pat [emoji38][emoji38] bless him he's such a funny rabbit, puts the others to shame, he knows what's going on all the time, and I swear he understands me.. He knows what I'm gunna do before I do half the time [emoji38]

Yea I'll send them both over, I hope you have reinforced floor for Clementine, my absolute unit ;) [emoji38]

Ah I know! After I went through a lot with Clementine early on, I just burst into tears, it was all just too much, as I'd been convinced we was going to lose her etc and I had no idea how much owning bunnies would affect me [emoji38] it gets easier I think but it was a shock to the system how much could go wrong so quickly and I was so not prepared for it all [emoji38] I think you've done really well with them both :) they're super lucky to have you, and I'm sure they'll forgive you soon :)

They're very small, maybe don't feed a whole hay cookie a day? Just break it up? Especially if it's impacting the amount of hay eaten and size of the boulders. That's just my opinion though.

Yea they're super compacted, I'd say more so than your average hay cookie! They're a 1kg brick of compressed grass or hay, and Atticus really has to gnaw away at it, whereas the hay cookies tend to break and crumble more ime.

Wow she must really like cookies, refusing pellets is a new one [emoji38] pellets here are the best thing ever [emoji38]

I’ve always bought on line from them, they also have the 5 a day hay and hay cookies in the range I think :?
Yea that stuff is nice too :) also they do the other hay cookies with something else in them... Which I've forgotten.. some kinda herb I think?

Yea that stuff is nice too :) also they do the other hay cookies with something else in them... Which I've forgotten.. some kinda herb I think?

Yes the dandelion and mint hay cookies. Frosty wasn’t normally bothered about hay cookies but he loves theirs!

Yes the dandelion and mint hay cookies. Frosty wasn’t normally bothered about hay cookies but he loves theirs!
Yep they were a big hit here too :) even Clementine had a nibble, which is unlike her, she's very very fussy [emoji38]

I think that companies hay is alright, but tbh the buns aren't as crazy about it as Timothyhay.co.uk or the dust free hay.. Idk why! I did just order the small bag with the forage in it though, it does get eaten, but it's not as popular here for some reason! I know lots of other people say that and the sweet green hay is a huge hit with their buns tho :)

Yep they were a big hit here too :) even Clementine had a nibble, which is unlike her, she's very very fussy [emoji38]

I think that companies hay is alright, but tbh the buns aren't as crazy about it as Timothyhay.co.uk or the dust free hay.. Idk why! I did just order the small bag with the forage in it though, it does get eaten, but it's not as popular here for some reason! I know lots of other people say that and the sweet green hay is a huge hit with their buns tho :)

The sweet green hay and the Timothy hay from Timothy hay.co.uk is liked equally by F&F :thumb: bunnies are very different though aren’t they! I know a lot of people say that ings hay is a big hit, but Frosty wouldn’t even eat it :lol: bunnies :roll:

Iv not been on the woodlands website. Maybe it’s another place to look. My phone and iPad are full of bun book marks lol

The sweet green hay and the Timothy hay from Timothy hay.co.uk is liked equally by F&F :thumb: bunnies are very different though aren’t they! I know a lot of people say that ings hay is a big hit, but Frosty wouldn’t even eat it [emoji38] bunnies :roll:
Ah yea ings is a huge hit here, but I don't buy it anymore... [emoji38] I was sick of getting stabbed with weeds and having to pick them out [emoji38]

We intend to start foraging for ourselves when the weather is a bit warmer to. Do you use your oven to dry it to save for winter or does any one have a dehydrator machine?
I use the airing cupboard or just a spare room floor!

BV3bjvvp1Z85w0Dvgk00kq-7Eiy4hkIkayfQ-TQzHpEa19mqc64PO7IIpVrtl02DKwsDrTQRpVp5DGDN58R4rGUkBMYIBsoNO9RXjIEkSbo9nsyk7MEfIWJGU0_-RqL8VXUklE6iVfxWTFu2aieAoLS3T7SsTpcI0AIcgrtYk4r6IV3AG1WxAS0hdVhfS0RrBUn0nbyAw_IByVPMDWqz1eEuYyzVIKWWm0t9F0NP2_3yutjZB8h-lUG9A_9zTd_p2JGVRYuSZz4EDkrzuxkL9PbdNAKzXKQ-PzTDk_T291foKXS8LGwqIF214kmu2WxX8gxe177YMZIzO_5JX2bWYWDoGptvLY09iBygOfS01b3xxV4xa8MBzDSlLP4Gadrro5dxXKdc0lztFmzSb-k0hhbVu8xW3Hnr0gGfVP3YG7hWlwnwOHbr09gAEnKDJk8Azg_qXTLQaFkYD-VRwyAiTSvXikhIUHJpnnFeauBRX8KE1bcFpxFYZHtopfbZ-s9Bu0abGYV58FxFqeq1JppzCceb6NemkTEabH7kYi0hhaX2SVerdYXFb354835gZVB9cCVw-v4ijYnWUvGFtbadBuWEMPnakcURfn5HWg4HEo8wV04JTgFX5MPw-kjPmxppAVuAW0AL_mouYt6O3LD-vrzvDh7jx8U=w703-h938-no

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bDc2FHioCEe4BUVh7

That came from this:

ntyjrCSX2iDh8JZf9snfqcL5tLXdb05Y5Yo8gVN7ldGE3o6INPR43uO3sXx02AngrSX7TcgTosX4SOPUmxRWEIirRhUTJIi2N_qxE5d5U3uMAZvf8d9pjtt4yPWhMw6Qej_azNPYiBhJmm3b8iMClN90tYfpMQDZ23yXJekVxwwHnkZPkdwZSYRa9ZRWcs4qKnC4PNjT0H6j8Z-JqlR0plVD2GLchDwmyqsoDmL3P0lSD1ZsuU_mQ24WxlKR91gQ2hE_bnmSXgKP5ZSVDuEpZbmgUNPFGcUFF_Liiqvh7x6QfwrxqWw1XFLEszYRWcKQcObLHAbyOj3U_j6fAA7uaUyt7WIouIs9lZNJi9RAM32tHAQMOM7bVAeT4IcWuZmRhoS0Ge2ajPMxIlKC4MkuSfS6Q5xrRu0R3JJp8yZBM31GXWINmERcZUF12s6Y3Ie5xW96ROOybLW3U_Tc-Cn19dcBBJl1lbRvxiCvJD6p-4tvP65rqnYC5yuROda5K9gfXKT4Ymy2nYVrL-AjW-qOfeWtTIIjdhmZK_zy9Hs_lL2okJugSSdL6gRHvhFR4_IjPTciCONF13zNMjOlmZ_ffP2cudGuTeEXt2vUXZuetdPSdJY74o8jazyx88nO2QfBrzqG7EntIvLCY_A1iW-ERc9noq6KOQA=w703-h938-no

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2YfFbZaHsVKj7A4V8

Graciee- I swear some of the rabbits on this forum are telepathic lol

It’s nice to see Atticus still has loads of fun and gets up to myschife.

No worry’s I’m sure the nabours won’t mind if they drop in from above although it may be a bit difficult as the floors are concereet and I’ll be sure to not let miss mighty nibbler get at them :0

Ohh poor clemintine. I hope she recovered fully. I know what you mean tho. I didn’t realise rabbits were so delicate untill Beautys first bout of stasis and we had only had her a week to top it off right in the middle of Xmas and new year. Nothing will ever be the same again. I get upset at the drop of a hat any way but now it’s even worse and I find myself checking on them so much

Thank you :) I’m not sure they would agree tho hahaha

They both still under a kg each and thought they would get through them quickly as they not that big. To give you an idea of how compact they are. Iv got a kichen knife that I have previously used to open cans in a couple of seconds but it took me 10 mins to get half way through this cookie. Maybe I should invest in a chainsaw just to save time.
Sounds like the galens gardens ones would be much the same then as the ones we have and all you see after they been at them is a trail of hay dust. Although I may get them as the price is so good and chop them up into small cubes.

It shocked me as the usherly goes crazy for pellets when I shake the tub but not today

Zoobec- My two wouldn’t touch the ings or medow hay from hay and straw but the tester bag of the Timothy from them went so quick I was putting in an order 5 mins after opening the bag.
Not tried timothyhay.co.uk yet though.

They also really enjoy the burgers but I’d rather give them something less dusty and with longer strands. It just comes with the plan I signed up at the vets with.

My buns wouldn't touch the sweet green hay, and I ended up using the lot in their litter trays :lol:

Keletkezes- oh wow that’s a huge amount.
I woul have to hang mine or some thing to keep it off the floor as either the rabbits have access or it’s quiet restricted as we live in a flat.

Back