• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reintroducing a Pair/Off-plan

imona

New Kit
So, I started, not exactly on purpose (someone else in the house fetched Gus when I had Claude out for a free-range, yesterday. Both were in the living room and pressing their faces together, being up to mischief like pre-puberty woe times. They were never aggressive to one another, there was never any physical harm done/fighting. It was Claude humping poor Gus who would run away and thump. I split them because Gus was stressed and I didn't want to let it escalate to actual harm. I wasn't planning on even attempting to have them back together at all for another week or so. However, I'm pleasantly surprised at how affectionate they were with one another. They were quite the happy buns with their triple binkying in sequence.

The boys have a double level home-base cage (usually with the extra-large pen attached), despite trying a bunny in pen & one in full cage setup, they were not happy buns with it, so I've simply blocked the second level entrance. One bunny on each level, turns in pen, and turns to run wild around the house. However, I came home today from work, found them both cuddled up on the top level of the cage. Seems like they used teamwork to open up the level.

So, now, I'm wondering if I should let them be? They aren't a week post-neuter yet, so I'm wary of leaving them, but I'm also wondering if it is best not to interfere with what they've decided? They've ruined all my research and planning :oops: Not that I'm unhappy to see them cuddling together :)

Thanks in advance.

If they seem ok together I would keep a close eye on them and leave them together.

Back