• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Bobleteenies- They Didn't Make it But They Are Never Forgotten

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
The Bobleteenies were born to a Rescued 'Meat Rabbit', Bobbie, who was already nursing 5 x 4 week old Kits. Bobbie was also seriously ill herself with pneumonia and enteritis. We had no choice but to remove the second litter, all 5 of them, and attempt to hand rear them. We failed, but we tried. Despite much online abuse and vitriol from certain people, I do nort regret our attempts to save the Bobleteenies.

Skinny poorly Bobbie and her very sore skin from chronic diarrhoea

XSzZGY0.jpg

UOnGzaT.jpg

fpZnEQG.jpg

The Bobleteenies

DkllmU5.jpg

9NDeHt8.jpg

24F2LGq.jpg

FoyJDuI.jpg

92suRMn.jpg

The Bobleteenies final resting place

cl6ayuB.jpg

Poor babies :( RIP

I might've read it wrong, but why wouldn't you try to save the babies? It's better than doing nothing.

That's a very moving and emotional post Jane. You clearly tried so very hard to do your very best to save the bobleteenies and give them a chance. It is tragic that despite your efforts you couldn't do more. RIP sweet little bobleteenies.

Poor babies, sad they didn't make it :(

I really, really want to raise baby buns, and look after a muma bun etc - obviously i'd never breed (for a million reasons) but I just think it'd be so cool to experience, plus if you had a relatively small litter (like 6) I could keep them all together and idk, I think it'd be super interesting to have them all... and watch them grow and find out who they are. I often wonder what happened to Atticus and Clementine's brothers and sisters. Probably selfish of me and I doubt I'll ever get the chance, but if I ever did, I think it'd be awesome :D

How heartbreaking. You did right to try, I hate to think that this led to online abuse :( xx

Tamsin Banned the person. I wont post the details in full on here, but Tamsin and Tree (SOAD) can confirm that I am not lying about the abuse. Not suggesting you are doubting me of course.

Poor babies, sad they didn't make it :(

I really, really want to raise baby buns, and look after a muma bun etc - obviously i'd never breed (for a million reasons) but I just think it'd be so cool to experience, plus if you had a relatively small litter (like 6) I could keep them all together and idk, I think it'd be super interesting to have them all... and watch them grow and find out who they are. I often wonder what happened to Atticus and Clementine's brothers and sisters. Probably selfish of me and I doubt I'll ever get the chance, but if I ever did, I think it'd be awesome :D

When all your house is sorted maybe a Rescue will have a Pregnant Doe signed over that you could Foster. That way you'd get all the hands on experience with the support of a Rescue. Rescues seeing all too many pregnant Does due to 'accidental matings' in their original Home.

When all your house is sorted maybe a Rescue will have a Pregnant Doe signed over that you could Foster. That way you'd get all the hands on experience with the support of a Rescue. Rescues seeing all too many pregnant Does due to 'accidental matings' in their original Home.
Yea I guess that's a possibility! Although they'd probably give her to someone experienced I'd guess? [emoji38] Definitely something to think about though :)

Tamsin Banned the person. I wont post the details in full on here, but Tamsin and Tree (SOAD) can confirm that I am not lying about the abuse. Not suggesting you are doubting me of course.
That's terrible, glad the person isn't part of the forum anymore!

Back