• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lola not eating

juliesprincess

Young Bun
Please help lola has stopped eating I put her bowl of fresh greens and kale down for her this morning with fresh water and hay and she is sat all hunched up on the floor you can hear her tummy gurgling not interested in any of it . On Monday she had the RVHD2 injection could this be anything to do with it ? She keeps going onto her litter tray and popping I'm worried [emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Please help lola has stopped eating I put her bowl of fresh greens and kale down for her this morning with fresh water and hay and she is sat all hunched up on the floor you can hear her tummy gurgling not interested in any of it . On Monday she had the RVHD2 injection could this be anything to do with it ? She keeps going onto her litter tray and popping I'm worried [emoji24]

I'm sorry that Lola is not eating. If I were you I would arrange an urgent appointment with the vet this morning. The sooner that she is examined and is given the appropriate medication, the better chance she will have of recovery.

Sending lots of vibes for her.

I'm sorry that Lola is not eating. If I were you I would arrange an urgent appointment with the vet this morning. The sooner that she is examined and is given the appropriate medication, the better chance she will have of recovery.

Sending lots of vibes for her.

That would be my advice, too.
I hope all goes well.

Thanks guys for your support its really weird shes sat cleaning herself and doing her normal stuff just not interested in food I know she not right and she wasn't even interested in a small chunk of carrot and that's her ultimate favourite treat

Sorry I have only just seen your message.

How is Lola doing now?
Did the vet visit help?

Hi been to the vets they checked her all over cant find anything wrong no swelling in the stonche but said it might be the start of stasis they gave her two injections one to make her hungry and another for inflammation she has medication to take for 5 days not looking forward to give it to her as she doesn't like being held still let along anything being put into her mouth but when we got home she layed down for a bit then went to her food bowl and started eating greens and then her hay not massive amounts but something got to keep an eye on her and have another vet visit for the morning booked just in case there is no massive improvement feel said cant stop crying with worry x

Hi been to the vets they checked her all over cant find anything wrong no swelling in the stonche but said it might be the start of stasis they gave her two injections one to make her hungry and another for inflammation she has medication to take for 5 days not looking forward to give it to her as she doesn't like being held still let along anything being put into her mouth but when we got home she layed down for a bit then went to her food bowl and started eating greens and then her hay not massive amounts but something got to keep an eye on her and have another vet visit for the morning booked just in case there is no massive improvement feel said cant stop crying with worry x

Hopefully now she's started picking a food she will produce some poo soon. What comes out is as important as what is going in. Fluids are an important part of the treatment of gut stasis. So try to encourage her to drink and maybe feed her additional fresh veg herbs that have been rinsed and left wet xx

Hopefully now she's started picking a food she will produce some poo soon. What comes out is as important as what is going in. Fluids are an important part of the treatment of gut stasis. So try to encourage her to drink and maybe feed her additional fresh veg herbs that have been rinsed and left wet xx
Yes i will try that thank you I'm a bit of a novice at this so all help appreciated x

I'm sorry this has upset you so much. Our rabbits do get under our skin and we worry a lot when they are unwell.

If she has begun eating greens and hay then that's a very good sign!

I'm glad you have some meds for the coming days, as stasis doesn't always go away quickly.

One useful thing that many Forum members have found is giving a rabbit who may be going into stasis some Infacol. If you've not come across it, it's an infant gas medication, and is perfectly safe to give alongside any other meds from the vet as it's not absorbed into the bloodstream.

Infacol.co.uk. - it's been a lifesaver for many of us!

Some useful info here:

http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/pdfs/ROWinter10p7.pdf

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/ac07/9915d6e64fe1afe442204871cb21c282f31b.pdf

I often try and tempt a rabbit to eat with some rose leaves or freshly picked grass.
Bramble leaves are also very good for digestion, and contain lots of fibre.

Good luck and I hope you have a peaceful night x

Back