• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it Possible to Download an Entire Thread From Rainbow Bridge onto my PC ?

Not sure if this works, but over on the right hand side of the thread title there is 'Thread tools' and if you click on that you can choose 'Show printable version' and it may be possible to save from that. Other than that, perhaps contact Tamsin?

Not sure if this works, but over on the right hand side of the thread title there is 'Thread tools' and if you click on that you can choose 'Show printable version' and it may be possible to save from that. Other than that, perhaps contact Tamsin?
I haven't looked but this sounds very promising! Maybe you can print to pdf, I'll have a look when I'm home for you though if that doesn't work :)

Hey Jane, so I had a look.

Babsie had a good suggestion, and if there was only text it would work perfectly. But the pictures you've added just become links.

So I went onto your thread and just pressed ctrl p (as if I wanted to print your thread) then the pictures are there - then you can just change where it prints to - so instead of it physically printing out to a printer, you can have it print to a PDF which can be saved locally on your machine :) I think this would be what you want? (obviously you can at any point print the PDF out -threads very long though you'd need a lot of paper :lol:) Let me know if you need any help doing this. I could also save it, and send you a link to download it from, if you're unsure how to do it :) let me know x

Have you managed to do this, Jane?

I can print it but my printer is a bit naff and the thread is really long. What I want to do is download the thread as a pdf file, as Gracie has mentioned. I am a bit scared of trying to do it though :oops: I will have a go at it over the weekend xx

I can print it but my printer is a bit naff and the thread is really long. What I want to do is download the thread as a pdf file, as Gracie has mentioned. I am a bit scared of trying to do it though :oops: I will have a go at it over the weekend xx
If you can't do it, let me know, I'll do it and you can download it from a link :)

If you can't do it, let me know, I'll do it and you can download it from a link :)

Gracieeeee to the rescue! I did try - and got as far as downloading 18 pages - I'll delete now and let the expert take over. Go Gracieeee. X
Mind you, I'm quite pleased that I got even that far!:lol:

Back