• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Avast WebShield picking up trojan on the forum

naohren

Young Bun
So I've noticed something here.

y6TDyBH.png

It appears there's a trojan virus on the forum. Anyone else get this?

Please be careful when you visit, make sure your antivirus is up to date and has picked this up.

So I've noticed something here.

y6TDyBH.png

It appears there's a trojan virus on the forum. Anyone else get this?

Please be careful when you visit, make sure your antivirus is up to date and has picked this up.

Okay so firstly, to get a trojan, you need to download a file. So visiting the forum you're not downloading any files.

I'm not sure what it has picked up, it could just be a false positive, or there's something in your chrome. I can't obviously tell from here, but I'd do a full scan of your machine. Do you get pop ups on chrome? Do you click on adverts?

Without seeing the machine, it really could be anything.. But I will say avast isn't the best [emoji38]

I've just looked at the link avast has thrown up, there's nothing at that link, not even hidden. So I'm not sure why it's flagged it up [emoji38]

But please don't worry about a trojan, you'd have to download something for that to be a problem :)

Last edited:
Checked through the site - no link flags as suspicious, there's no redirects. It's probably a false positive, but I'm currently doing a full scan to be sure.

An update:

So, I have the same antivirus on my phone. I can't access the forum at all from my phone as any link to it will redirect to a .php site talking about something or other. (I won't post the link here as I don't have it at the moment and I don't want anyone to follow it.) Very strange, and definitely a malicious site, as it appeared to try and install something on my phone.

An update:

So, I have the same antivirus on my phone. I can't access the forum at all from my phone as any link to it will redirect to a .php site talking about something or other. (I won't post the link here as I don't have it at the moment and I don't want anyone to follow it.) Very strange, and definitely a malicious site, as it appeared to try and install something on my phone.
If you could pm me it, I'd be happy to take a look :) dw about it being malicious etc

Back