• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can I have vibes for Fudgie

Thanks everyone. I'm so pleased she's home. She was like a caged tiger in her cage, especially as she's used to free ranging. She's had a good zoom around the flat and I'm delighted to say that she has been eating some hay and dried plantain too!

Snoopy's been absolutely fine with her. There was a bit of sniffing and "Poo! You stink of vet!" but other than that all seems fine with their bond. They've had a bit of a cuddle. He seems pleased she's back home, although I'm sure he enjoyed his night off from being bossed around!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Afternoon everybun.

Just wanted to give an update on Fudgie. She was doing really well last night and seemed to be eating well. Today she has been very bright, running around lots and bossing Snoopy around. Basically, demeanour wise she is very much her usual self.

Unfortunately she hasn't been eating as much as I would like, only really picking at food. So I'm giving her syringe feeds to top her up for now as I really don't want her gut to slow down and for her to slide back into stasis. At the moment it's difficult to tell if it's because she's still not feeling 100% from the stasis episode or whether she's very sensitive to even small spurs and that's what's causing her to not want to eat as much. I've ordered some bags of readigrass (all three varieties) in case the spurs are causing her to struggle with hay, just to tide her over until she has her dental. When I spoke to the vet yesterday she said ideally they would want to wait a week or two after a stasis episode to make sure they're fighting fit before going under a GA. Really hoping we're not in the situation of having to run the risk of bringing it forward early.

Good news is that she is still pooping. Some splats in there too, which I was expecting from the combination of the gut slowdown, meds and stress of being unwell and staying in at the vets. Consequently she did have a slightly messy bottom which I've cleaned up. Not as horrendously messy as I was expecting though!

Glad to hear that Fudgie is back ruling the roost, fingers and paws crossed she will settle back down ok, and not have to have the dental brought forward. Don't they love to worry us ? :roll: xx

Sending lots of vibes for Fudgie. Does she like fibafirst sticks? Frosty likes them and I think they are good for keeping them going before and after a dental :thumb: readigrass is a really good idea too. The sweet green herbs from natures own go down well here too :thumb:

C'mon Fudgie stop being a worry and eat up little girl :love:

I guess it's possible that it's her tiny spurs that are making her reluctant to eat. I hope you can keep her eating enough plus topping up with syringe-feeds until she has her dental. I could also be persuaded that her tummy might not feel 100% normal from the stasis episode.

I would be doing exactly the same as you in managing her for now. Sending her lots more vibes too.

Thanks all xx

She's just gone in the litter tray and had the first proper good munch I've seen from her today. Though I'm not getting my hopes up too much yet!

Zoobec, I used to give them fibafirst sticks but about a year ago they both decided they didn't like them so I haven't bought anymore since. Pity I didn't think to get someone the off chance actually, just to add another weapon to the arsenal! I do have the nature's own sweet green hay. That should be easier for her to manage as the strands are a lot shorter than the other hays. Unfortunately Snoopy is much keener on it than she is.

They do indeed know how to worry us! Plus their timing is always impeccable. I was going to do their six weekly claw clipping this week. I'll have to put that on hold for now. It's almost as if she knew I was planning it and came up with the best way to put the bosh on it!

C'mon Fudgie stop being a worry and eat up little girl :love:

I guess it's possible that it's her tiny spurs that are making her reluctant to eat. I hope you can keep her eating enough plus topping up with syringe-feeds until she has her dental. I could also be persuaded that her tummy might not feel 100% normal from the stasis episode.

I would be doing exactly the same as you in managing her for now. Sending her lots more vibes too.
Yeah, I actually had a similar thing with Snoopy in October. Woke up in the morning and he wasn't interested in food. Took him to the vet, although they decided to let me medicate at home rather than keeping him in. On the first day I syringe fed him but be did nibble a bit for himself. On the second day he went backwards and wouldn't eat for himself at all. He then rallied again on the third day and was completely back to normal by the fourth. So from experience, I'm not totally surprised she's gone up and down a bit.

The main thing for me at the moment is that food is going in and something's coming out the other end and her poos aren't looking too bad considering. If there had been no output by this stage of the day I'd be back on the phone to the vet.

Her next dose of metaclop is due soon. I'll do another syringe feed while I'm at it. She's in a very deep sleep at the moment (and I'm feeling positive that she feels comfortable enough to sleep so soundly). I'll hold off until she wakes up as I don't want to disturb her given she's probably not slept too well the last couple of days.

ETA: just as I was pressing send on that last post she's woken up, jumped into the litter tray and is having another really good munch on her hay. I don't know how bunnies can go from a deep REM sleep to bounding about in the space of a few seconds! It takes me at least half an hour from waking up to drag myself out of bed in the morning!

ETA: just as I was pressing send on that last post she's woken up, jumped into the litter tray and is having another really good munch on her hay. I don't know how bunnies can go from a deep REM sleep to bounding about in the space of a few seconds! It takes me at least half an hour from waking up to drag myself out of bed in the morning!
Lopsy's totally a person-in-disguise, he's useless when he's just woken up :lol: Takes at least 3mins of light cleaning or stretching to do anything!

Hope she continues to improve :D

Topping up the vibes for Fudgie. Great to hear she is stuffing her face with hay and having poops. I hope she continues to improve. xx

Thanks all. Her hay consumption has gone up during the day and she's had a good munch on some coriander as well. She's not up to full eating capacity yet and her poops are smaller than they should be, although she is producing a lot of them. So I'm going to carry on topping her up with syringe feeds, but at a reduced frequency. Plan is to just do them when I give her the metacam and gut meds. I'll keep reviewing things over the next few hours and days.

Good news also is that the splats have stopped and I've seen her eating caecos direct from the "source". Bless her, all the splats were in the litter tray so at least I didn't have to negotiate my way around a load of squishy poop landmines!

So overall I'm happy that things are moving in the right direction, especially considering yesterday the vet initially wanted to keep her in another night. Last time she had a severe stasis episode it took us over a week to get to this point.

Thanks again for your vibes and good wishes xx

Pleased she is back on her packed lunch Scrappy, with some hay. Hope she is stuffing herself stupid very soon

Yay go Fudgie. I hope she continues to do well and sending lots of eating and pooping vibes xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thanks very much for asking about Fudgie. I'm very pleased with how she's been doing today. Has been eating plenty of hay and fresh herbs so I've decided to discontinue the syringe feeding. Poops are also getting bigger.

She also hasn't done anymore spot wees, and apparently she didn't do any while she was staying over at the vet's. So I think Loobers was right that it might have been due to the stasis rather than a UTI. I had a missed call from the vet. She said they took a urine sample but are putting it on hold so i need to try and get hold of her to discuss whether to go ahead with testing or not.

So overall, she seems to be recovering well!

Back