Thread: Tribute to Buffy

Default Tribute to Buffy

Last summer we had a break in at my local RDA where I volunteer. Three horses were seriously injured. One passed away shortly after, and little Buffy has just been put down last week. They tried really hard for 6 months to get her back to some semblance of normality but unfortunately it was too much for her. She had some existing health problems (cushings, laminitis) but the main issue was the ongoing trauma, she became scared of people.

The trustees considered retiring her, but with her lami she couldn't live out any more, and she found being in a stable extremely stressful, so I know this decision was the best thing for her. I've seen comments on social media saying she shouldn't have been put down but they didn't see firsthand how stressed she was and how badly she'd been affected.

She was an absolute star, she looked after all the riders so well and she just had the most perfect manners. She was a sweet little soul who didn't deserve what happened to her, she served RDA for 15 years and brought happiness to so many people in that time. She was an older pony and she may have been nearing the end anyway because of her ongoing health problems but she didn't deserve what she went through.

Rest in peace little pony, you were a fantastic ambassador and sweetheart who will be sorely missed.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Mum to Lilac and Teddy, a little head tilt bun

Rest in peace Buffy xx

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

So sorry Buffy's end was under such horrible circumstances, but you all did your best. RIP Buffy xx
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

sweet dreams Buffy xx

Wise Old Thumper

There are some wicked people around. I am so sad to read this but hope Buffy has now found peace. RIP Buffy xx

Sleep easy, Buffy. I hope you knew you were loved in the end by those who knew you. xxx

Oh that is so sad there is so much cruelty in the world now it never seems to end,

Gallop free Buffy all well again at the Bridge xxx

Tuckerbunnies on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tucke...06739326052403
    Tuckerbunnies Rabbit Sanctuary and Bunny Boarding.
    http://www.findpetboarding.com/small...g/profile/5253

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckerbunnies View Post
    Oh that is so sad there is so much cruelty in the world now it never seems to end,

Gallop free Buffy all well again at the Bridge xxx

This is all the nicer because it looks exactly like her thank you all for your condolences, it's a bit different when it's not your animal but it doesn't change how beautiful and kind natured she was.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Mum to Lilac and Teddy, a little head tilt bun

Sending hugs x