• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Joey, Boo, Mouse & Rudey - an alternative methodology

It was his own fault for not wearing oven gloves. Its difficult though cos they all snoozy & relaxed, one bun goes on an adventure then its a whirlwind of madness . It all happens so fast.

It was his own fault for not wearing oven gloves. Its difficult though cos they all snoozy & relaxed, one bun goes on an adventure then its a whirlwind of madness . It all happens so fast.
Always wear PPE. Foolish mistake

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Always wear PPE. Foolish mistake

indeed. I'd even snipped my oven gloves in half so we had a mit each. Then he was like "ouchy..it really hurts", "really Bob? this experience is not about you, its about our bunnies"

This is what I found when trying to bond Tethra with the Dutch cross quad. I found it quite scary. I hope tomorrow is a bit calmer.

indeed. I'd even snipped my oven gloves in half so we had a mit each. Then he was like "ouchy..it really hurts", "really Bob? this experience is not about you, its about our bunnies"

:lol: I don’t envy you. I remember my first bonding of Flop and Bramble. Bramble (a nethie - nuff said) was like a Tasmanian devil! Poor Flop was climbing up onto my lap to escape and I’m sure he was saying, “What in earth were you thinking putting her in with me?”. She didn’t draw blood but she did bite through two thick pairs of gardening gloves to leave a mark on my skin. They were a very happy couple after a few days though.
Hoping that tomorrow’s dating goes well, they’re probably just all getting over excited with it being Valentines Day.

Sending lots of vibes for tomorrow! They certainly do move fast! I had ski gloves on at first but then later when I had bare hands that’s when I needed to intervene, thankfully the dustpan slid between them saved the day, and my hand!

You had a good chunk of time for the bonding so well done everyone. I bet your poor nerves are frazzled though!

Definitely sounds a good plan to start off with shorter periods rather than going straight in with the continuous bond. Hopefully they'll all settle down over the next few days as they all get used to each other.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

I hope today goes well. I will be out all day, so will need to wait until this evening for an update.

It's soap opera quotes like this that keep me coming back! XD Best of luck, they'll get there soon hopefully :D

It's all very quiet. I think J&B and Bob are passed out drunk!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
I think Bob has got Boobed
826927b9491565e09f6876b1f5a25c49.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Upsetting afternoon. The boys had a big fight & locked on :( Rudey had to go to the vets to have his wound cleaned & glued). He has had bupremorphine & is settled & eating :( I've moved him to our bedroom which is a much nicer space for bunnies so we can spend loads of time with him while he recovers

Thank you for all your support. I don't anticipate any further updates :( x

I am very sorry to read this :( I know how distressing this is and send lots of speedy healing vibes for Rudey.

Oh no :, ( poor boys. How upsetting. I hope Rudey continues eat well xxx

Oh goodness. I’m so sorry to read this. Hoping Rudey recovers quickly and that everybun is okay. Hugs for you too x

Back