• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Joey, Boo, Mouse & Rudey - an alternative methodology

Oh no ,what will happen now ,I feel so upset ��

I'm so sorry. We've let everybun down Please rest assurred he seems absolutely fine. i think he much prefers the bedroom to kitchen - he explores more & we can fit lots of enrichment in. He is quite loving now with us. He likes to sit close & always accepts grooms. I think with lots of human interaction he'll be happy as a bedroom bunny for a while. He's eaten loads. Fortunately he hasn't tried to nibble / groom where he was biten although we got a little rabbit baby grow in case he does. The vet thinks it will heal well as he got care within an hour so didn't need antibiotics .

Oh no ,what will happen now ,I feel so upset [emoji19]
Don't worry, Rudey is in great hands. Unfortunately he's going to have these fisty cuffs where ever he is whilst bonding. But I know that doesn't make it any less upsetting. Lots of bunnies who have had fights (including mine) have worked it all out in the end. xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm so sorry. We've let everybun down Please rest assurred he seems absolutely fine. i think he much prefers the bedroom to kitchen - he explores more & we can fit lots of enrichment in. He is quite loving now with us. He likes to sit close & always accepts grooms. I think with lots of human interaction he'll be happy as a bedroom bunny for a while. He's eaten loads. Fortunately he hasn't tried to nibble / groom where he was biten although we got a little rabbit baby grow in case he does. The vet thinks it will heal well as he got care within an hour so didn't need antibiotics .
Ah I'm sorry! These things happen tho with bunnies bonding :(

Clementine had a similarly nasty wound from Atticus which healed very well, wouldn't even know anything had happened, and their bond did work out, so I wouldn't give up on them all being together :)

Bunnies are scary though, really shook me up :(

He's in excellent care with you tho x

Don't worry, Rudey is in great hands. Unfortunately he's going to have these fisty cuffs where ever he is whilst bonding. But I know that doesn't make it any less upsetting. Lots of bunnies who have had fights (including mine) have worked it all out in the end. xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Absolutely! Two of mine had some nasty fights and now they're absolutely in love with each other :)

This seems to be the deal with bonding buns unfortunately, I'm definitely not brave enough to attempt it [emoji38]

Oh no, I'm so sorry this has happened.

Please don't think you've let anyone down. I think you did everything right. You checked there was no hostility or problems with between any individuals by putting them on separate dates. It's just that even with the most careful preparations, bunnies can be so horribly unpredictable. Plus I know from experience myself that things can kick off so frighteningly quickly that you have barely a nano second to react and intervene.

I'm glad Rudey is doing ok and it sounds like he'll do fine with you in the bedroom for a while.

Just a thought, but I'm wondering if Joey is still not feeling 100% himself after going to the vet earlier this week. I only mention this because my Snoopy is also quite sensitive. It takes him a few days to get over a vet visit and he can display aggressive behaviours during that time, meaning I have to be on high alert for a potential fight. Hopefully if the boys have time to get over the fight and Joey has more time to settle after his vet trip things might go better if you were to try again.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Oh god you haven’t let anybody down ,things happen it’s just sad as I was really hoping they would be ok xx

You're all wonderfull. thank You.

Its sad really cos Rudey was not really gtting on with anybun - I think he wanted to. Most nose to nose interactions were Rudey putting his head under J B & M so not bad - just asking to be groomed. But also a dom thing? But when anybun wouldn't groom & moved away he'd go for them. I think J B & M maybe aren't so free with grooms as already secure with each other?

It's possible Scrappy but Joey put up with quite a lot before he retaliated but when he did he did. Rudey locked on but luckily to bobs arm not Joe.

Mind zooming between all possibilities xx

Take some time out to unwind and forget about the bonding to protect your sanity. I’m sure you will find a way to keep everybun happy eventually x

Take some time out to unwind and forget about the bonding to protect your sanity. I’m sure you will find a way to keep everybun happy eventually x

You're absolutely right, thank you xx

BTW it would still be lovely to have you visit during your time off. Tues to thurs good for me

Oh god you haven’t let anybody down ,things happen it’s just sad as I was really hoping they would be ok xx

They seemed so nicely matched as well. I reckon its cos Rudey is a credible top bun that its been problematic. I adore Rudey, he is sooo lovely. He didnt like me at first (1-2 days of eyeballing from a distance). Now it gets better each day & he definitely likes human company (he liked his parting loves with you). i've spent a lot of time with him each day. At first he sat in the draughty areas but I notice lately he is more radiator orientated :love

I haven’t been on here for quite a while so just catching up, I’m sorry to read that bonding hasn’t gone to plan :( it’s a horrible experience, I had something similar happen. Hope everybun is ok x

Only just caught up on all this! I’m sorry to hear it’s not going as planned with the bond, and I hope Rudey is ok.

Do you think you might try again or have a break for now?
Speedy recovery, and hope you are ok too

I'm frazzled so having a few weeks time out, after which I'll decide if I'm settling for an upstairs pair (Boey) & downstairs pair (Mudey)...or persevering with the dream of a free roaming quad

Nearly 6 months have passed since we got Rudey:shock:....

so I thought I'd update this thread. I think it will be a long update though , with too many photos, so I'll do it in stages. Apologies in advance

Side by Side living - part a

Some of you will have seen or heard bits of this part

So we decided to try the side by side living, so Rudey could at least have permanent company if not contact, & "see how the trio live". We used a friend MPH enclosure as a very discrete:lol: room divide
Plus this felt better than do nothing & much less scary than doing something

dVHrJI0l.jpg

j1lYIiml.jpg

a month passes

Back