• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Joey, Boo, Mouse & Rudey - an alternative methodology

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
I say alternative as I intend to break many bonding rules, follow my intuition & observe my bunnies body language. I want to ensure everybun is exposed to minium stress & that includes me.

Diesel arrived yesterday. Joey christened him this evening, his Trawen name is Rudey. He is calm & settled, mildly inquisitive. Loves his noms, especially fresh forage . The reason for his adoption is evident, he needs a bunny friend or three. He grooms cuddly dog Ted who came with him & the trios cuddly B&W bun loads :(

I'd been a bit worried my trios bum nugget quality was a sign that their tushy pegs were starting them to bother them but we're back on golden balls so I think it was the vet visit (+rhvd2 vaccs?). Their demeanor suggests they feel happy, healthy & good to go

Choo choo - hop on board the bonding train & feel free to join us on our journey

We are on the train and excited - please take lots of pictures!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Sending loads of successful bonding vibes. Following intuition and knowing your own rabbits are in my view two key criteria when bonding.

I like his Trawden name btw :love:

Joey & Rudey go speed dating

The boys had a ten minute speed date today.

We set them up in the hall with clean bedding, forage & hay pile, cardboard box (2 entrance, exit)

They stayed in really close proximity & displayed loads of positive behaviours. They indulged in a right good sniff of each others bums, played follow my leader rather than chased. They washed in each others company & both ate (though not at the same time).

Rudey was a tad humpy & tbh we could have let him go longer but with a brief interception & they were off doing something else together. Joey gave Rudey a little kiss on the nose within a few minutes of meeting. He then kept looking as though he was going to hump but began chinning Rudey all over. You're all mine :lol: Joey ended with a (very stinky) wee spray delivered via binky. Half of it went on poor Rudeys back which Joey proceeded to chin & lick.

I wish I'd taken my camera not my gardening gloves in.

Don't bunnies pack a lot in to a speed date. All I'd manage in that time would be to say my name, down a large G&T & maybe the wee spraying

Back in their respective rooms Rudey has an air of looking slightly happier, Joey Boo & Mouse just lounging together

We are on the train and excited - please take lots of pictures!

eeek. Thank You for sharing our excitement. Camera fail today but promise for next time. They would have been ace photos too

Oh wow, this sounds really good. It's Boob which I'm waiting for. It seems as though Rudey has good vibes though

Rudey was a tad humpy & tbh we could have let him go longer but with a brief interception & they were off doing something else together. Joey gave Rudey a little kiss on the nose within a few minutes of meeting. He then kept looking as though he was going to hump but began chinning Rudey all over. You're all mine :lol: Joey ended with a (very stinky) wee spray delivered via binky. Half of it went on poor Rudeys back which Joey proceeded to chin & lick.

I wish I'd taken my camera not my gardening gloves in.

Don't bunnies pack a lot in to a speed date. All I'd manage in that time would be to say my name, down a large G&T & maybe the wee spraying

:lol: :lol: This has really made me laugh!

Hoping it continues to go well and can't wait to see some photos :D

Sending loads of successful bonding vibes. Following intuition and knowing your own rabbits are in my view two key criteria when bonding.

I like his Trawden name btw :love:

Thanks Omi. I'm glad you like his name.

Oh wow, this sounds really good. It's Boob which I'm waiting for. It seems as though Rudey has good vibes though

Yeah deffo, he has such a sweet nature & a good vibe bunny. So proud of Joey :love:

Bring on the boob (may break another rule by trying another one on one speed date to get a glimpse of her feelings...not sure yet)

I really wish you the best. There's no fear sweats like bonding fear sweats. Don't envy you at all actually right now. But I will when you have a perfect little quad!

Oh exciting times! I shall be following this thread very closely. I'm glad the speed date with Joey went well. Sending lots of vibes it goes well with the others.

Am I right in thinking that the plan is for all to have separate dates to gauge whether the initial signs between each are positive? And then are you putting them all in together? Are you going for the fast bond method?

Sorry for all the questions. It's just that I'm fascinated by bunny relationships and love reading about the ins and outs of bonding!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Oh exciting times! I shall be following this thread very closely. I'm glad the speed date with Joey went well. Sending lots of vibes it goes well with the others.

Am I right in thinking that the plan is for all to have separate dates to gauge whether the initial signs between each are positive? And then are you putting them all in together? Are you going for the fast bond method?

Sorry for all the questions. It's just that I'm fascinated by bunny relationships and love reading about the ins and outs of bonding!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Your questions & your good bonding vibes are very welcome Scrappy. Always happy to answer what I can - hindered only by making it up as I go along.

I May try a Boo & Rudey date. Mouse I've no concerns with, she was a Camp Nibble resident & is chilled with group living . If it goes as well with Boo I'll go all in together. I'm prepared to fast / non -stop bond if need be but they will have breaks from each other as I intend to carry on with bits of my life & get some sleep. I'm also prepared to do it through series of dates if thats what everybun wants. I don't want Rudey only having short bursts of company for too long though

I think I missed an announcement somewhere - I didn't realise you were expecting the pitter patter of more little paws!

I hope all goes well and the new sibling settles in well with happy bunny dynamics.

Back