• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Joey, Boo, Mouse & Rudey - an alternative methodology

Yes, feeling the urge to continue, I want my Boobly back. Sometimes it was fun but mostly awwwwwwwwwww or agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh

I'd assumed cos she lives very much in the moment she wouldn't hold grudges but we'll see

So Boobly is not so bad to bond as long as you follow the golden rule of not caging her in.

Initially I put them all in a pen & Booble escaped in a flash (I was grateful as 4 bunnies whizzing round in a tiny space was more than I could boobly bear)

04SQYxSl.jpg

She then took the pee by stealing food through the bars of the pen, DBF in the distance & binkying about.
c04vHXMl.jpg

I have more bonding photos of me in a pen than Boo. I don't think rudey & Mouse mind it so much, Joey isn't happy but he's no Boo-dini

Once we had a big safety assessed space she was so much better. On the first day she took 20 mins out to thoroughly groom her daddys head:lol:

XkcqFK1l.jpg

Once we had a big safety assessed space she was so much better. On the first day she took 20 mins out to thoroughly groom her daddys head[emoji38]

XkcqFK1l.jpg
[/IMG]
This is such a sweet picture :)

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Hehehe Boob you are the bested. I love that Boob is bonding to Bob rather than Rudey. It still looks good rather than nippy and lungey?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

aghhhhhh. I really can't decide what to do (up til today I've been too busy anyway). I spent ages watching Joey & Boo yesterday & TBH I think they do seem quite happy as upstairs bunnies. They love having all the underbed area, trampolining on the bed & Boo likes climbing - there are a lot of climbing opportunities upstairs & Jaffa Joe is getting more exercise. I'm learning to work in visiting them more appropriately so missing them a little less. Rudey & Mouse seem content as free range downstairs bunnies. Maybe Rudey is a little bored.

Without question it would still be better if I could bond them but is it worth the time & stress involved to probably still end up with 2 pairs??? I'm so divided.
Joey was stressed initially but the other buns seem to like bonding. Or what i call bonding:lol

My gut feeling is that you should persevere with the quad. I know photos don't show the whole story, but from the ones you've posted it looks like you're close to cracking the case. Am I right in thinking the relationship between Joey and Rudey is the main fly in the ointment?

It may or may not all work out in the end but I think you'll have regrets if you didn't try until you were fairly certain either way.

Very easy for me to say, I know, as I'm not the one having to dive into the bunny tornadoes!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

My gut feeling is that you should persevere with the quad. I know photos don't show the whole story, but from the ones you've posted it looks like you're close to cracking the case. Am I right in thinking the relationship between Joey and Rudey is the main fly in the ointment?

It may or may not all work out in the end but I think you'll have regrets if you didn't try until you were fairly certain either way.

Very easy for me to say, I know, as I'm not the one having to dive into the bunny tornadoes!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

thanks Scrappy, great to hear your thoughts. There are so many flies in the ointment:lol:.

Rudey & Joey I guess have the most potential for harm so I have to make sure I keep my peepers on Rudey at all times. When I took the break though it was Boo & Rudey who kicked off . They've had tetchy moments but generally just lie with faces really close hoping the other will groom.

There has never been any bad attitude from Mouse (obviously) but J&B see her off if she gets too close - not all the time & it depends on other dynamics. When they are all chilled they are all chilled, when one is fractious it has a domino effect. Rudey is always nice to Mouse. Joey & Boo get scrappy if its tense in the warren. I worry most about Mouse but Mouse has done better re: fur losses & had no really aggressive encounters. She is so brave too & will keep approaching J & B to lie closer. But she also gets the willies & scarpers off less than gracefully & this commotion can get them all going. I need more arms

aghhhhhh. I really can't decide what to do (up til today I've been too busy anyway). I spent ages watching Joey & Boo yesterday & TBH I think they do seem quite happy as upstairs bunnies. They love having all the underbed area, trampolining on the bed & Boo likes climbing - there are a lot of climbing opportunities upstairs & Jaffa Joe is getting more exercise. I'm learning to work in visiting them more appropriately so missing them a little less. Rudey & Mouse seem content as free range downstairs bunnies. Maybe Rudey is a little bored.

Without question it would still be better if I could bond them but is it worth the time & stress involved to probably still end up with 2 pairs??? I'm so divided.
Joey was stressed initially but the other buns seem to like bonding. Or what i call bonding:lol

I would say that this seems to be a pretty definite indication of what you really think and what in my view would eat away at you if you didn't try again. You would always wonder whether trying again would be successful.

How many times you could keep trying without coming to the conclusion that it is not going to work is the difficult decision I feel. It can't be easy.

Thanks Omi & C+D - as top bunny of Thistledown Warren its (almost) time for me to reach for the stars.

Back