• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Boo

Thank you for all the vibes. The vet phoned just as I got out my hospital appointment. Boo is eating on her own but hasn’t pooped, and has pulled out the line for fluid every time it gets put in so she is getting subcutaneous fluids just now. They have done a conscious X-ray, which didn’t show up anything, and they didn’t mention the bloods. The vet said she wants to continue monitoring Boo until mid afternoon to before she decides whether D1ck vets will be needed.

I really hope that Boo will not need a referral and that she is improving by now xx

Thank you for all the vibes. The vet phoned just as I got out my hospital appointment. Boo is eating on her own but hasn’t pooped, and has pulled out the line for fluid every time it gets put in so she is getting subcutaneous fluids just now. They have done a conscious X-ray, which didn’t show up anything, and they didn’t mention the bloods. The vet said she wants to continue monitoring Boo until mid afternoon to before she decides whether D1ck vets will be needed.

Ongoing vibes for lovely Boo. I do hope she won't need to be referred x

So far, I have to collect Boo at 6:45 to bring her home for the night. My vet has been in touch with D1ck vets but she is still waiting for someone to get back to her. While Boo is eating a little, she hasn’t made any improvement during the day and is still not pooping.

I have needed to separate her from her partner while she is at the vet because he is a very nervous bun and usually stops eating if he stays with her. I don’t know what to do if she has to go to D1ck vets since she might be there for a bit longer. Does anyone have any advice with what would be best?

So far, I have to collect Boo at 6:45 to bring her home for the night. My vet has been in touch with D1ck vets but she is still waiting for someone to get back to her. While Boo is eating a little, she hasn’t made any improvement during the day and is still not pooping.

I have needed to separate her from her partner while she is at the vet because he is a very nervous bun and usually stops eating if he stays with her. I don’t know what to do if she has to go to D1ck vets since she might be there for a bit longer. Does anyone have any advice with what would be best?

I am sorry that she has not really improved :cry: If her partner is very anxious and likely to become poorly by accompanying Boo then I think I'd be minded to keep him at home. He will not be of great comfort to her if he is terrified himself.

I really hope that there will be some output from Boo over night. Sending lots more vibes xx

So sorry that the news isn’t better.

Lots more good wishes being sent x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for thinking about Boo. Sorry for not updating sooner. Boo came home last night, and passed some poops just before she was discharged!

She has been eating her greens since she has been back, and spitting out her medicine! Thankfully, she is brighter than she was yesterday morning.

The plan was to have her referred to D1ck vet today if I was concerned about her. So far though, she seems to be slowly on the road to recovery.

Thank you for thinking about Boo. Sorry for not updating sooner. Boo came home last night, and passed some poops just before she was discharged!

She has been eating her greens since she has been back, and spitting out her medicine! Thankfully, she is brighter than she was yesterday morning.

The plan was to have her referred to D1ck vet today if I was concerned about her. So far though, she seems to be slowly on the road to recovery.

Oh thank goodness for that !! I hope she will soon be 100% back to normal xx

I’m glad to hear that Boo seems to be recovering well, topping up the vibes xx

Brave Boo. I'm so pleased she is doing good & hopefully she is 100% back on track soon. Spitting out her medicine though - cheeky girl :love:

Boo doesn’t seem to be doing quite as well as she was, although she is still moving around and eating bits, her appetite isn’t very good. She is still passing little poops. I have put her back with her husbun to see if that helps her, although it will be difficult to tell if she is still pooping now.

And the cheeky monkey is still spitting out her medicine :roll:. I will keep a close eye on her and get in touch with the vet if she deteriorates further.

Back