Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stasis again!

Default Stasis again!

Iím a bit on my own so for some sanity I feel like I just needed to post because I donít know whatís right anymore and I just keep getting upset.

Monday evening I noticed Truffle picked at dinner but wasnít really bothered to much, when ever I looked at him in the night via bun cam he didnít do much. So I booked an appointment Tuesday morning and knew everyone would think I was mental but I just knew he was about to go into stasis again and while he would still at least pick at herbs and not on hunger strike.

Vet could feel good guts and poops but felt one side had bigger poops and said it might be the big ones are slow to exit so slowing the passing of poop more and why I only saw teeny hard ones that morning. So have gut stimulants to help everything move. Four large poops have passed Monday night.

But the yesterday he decided he was done trying and wonít sniff any food stuffs and I exhausted all my usual tricks, so I had to do what I was hoping to avoid by early diagnosis, Critical Care. He did no poop yesterday so vet said if nothing in the morning he (and Luther) will have to be hospitalised. There was some small amount of hard tacky poops in the tray this morning and stuck on his butt fluff. So vet said carry on but feed every 2-3 hours so I am.

When he moves around he looks normal but when he sits or stays still he looks miserable and just rocks from his own heart beat. He occasionally today has done a weird stretching out with his neck like a person wanting to burp....but I know they canít :-/

Iím just so lost on whatís best, continue at home where heís more comfortable and keep freaking out at weird things he does and how sad he is, or take him in to do what Iím doing but thereís vets there but risk more stress and potentially the bond because both wonít like being left I doubt.

Apologies for the essay, I just needed to let it out because Iím home alone and a worrier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Crazy bunny mum and proud! RIP Truffle, forever missed but always in our hearts.

https://www.facebook.com/Waggytalesdogs/

Oh I'm sorry he's unwell don't really have any suggestions or advice, but I've dealt with stasis at home before a few times, and it really is so worrying and stressful hugs xx

Is he still drinking by himself? x

Quote Originally Posted by Graciee View Post
    Oh I'm sorry he's unwell don't really have any suggestions or advice, but I've dealt with stasis at home before a few times, and it really is so worrying and stressful hugs xx

Is he still drinking by himself? x
    I just donít understand why it keeps happening to him and itís so hard to know whatís right.

Thanks you :-)

He does sometimes after Iíve syringe fed him, he runs away flicking his feet at me to ďhis mopey spotĒ and drinks. Xx

Crazy bunny mum and proud! RIP Truffle, forever missed but always in our hearts.

Wise Old Thumper

I would always opt to treat my rabbits at home, if the treatment was something I was able to give. This would not be so much because of fears about their bond being damaged, but because I know my rabbits become very stressed away from home and therefore hopefully would be more likely to react more positively to the medication.

Sending the gorgeous boy lots of vibes. I hope he starts to improve soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I would always opt to treat my rabbits at home, if the treatment was something I was able to give. This would not be so much because of fears about their bond being damaged, but because I know my rabbits become very stressed away from home and therefore hopefully would be more likely to react more positively to the medication.

Sending the gorgeous boy lots of vibes. I hope he starts to improve soon.
    See thatís exactly my main thought track, that being at home would be better in the long run. Itís just when he does weird things that I freak out that heís going to die (dramatic I know lol) and I canít keep messaging the vets.

I wonder if the weird burping motion when he sits up sometimes is maybe pain..... heís also become more fussy and grunts/squeaky through his nose when Iím syringing or massaging him. Heís only on emeprid at the moment so might ask for pain relief.

Thank you <3 me too it horrible seeing him so sad. But Luther rather wonderfully has been looking after him, checking up on him and chasing away the cats (even though they are just walking past lol)!

Iím sorry heís not well do you know what is causing it? Did the vet check his teeth? Is he on any gut medicines and or metacam? Sending lots of vibes xx

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Truffpuff View Post
    See thatís exactly my main thought track, that being at home would be better in the long run. Itís just when he does weird things that I freak out that heís going to die (dramatic I know lol) and I canít keep messaging the vets.

I wonder if the weird burping motion when he sits up sometimes is maybe pain..... heís also become more fussy and grunts/squeaky through his nose when Iím syringing or massaging him. Heís only on emeprid at the moment so might ask for pain relief.

Thank you <3 me too it horrible seeing him so sad. But Luther rather wonderfully has been looking after him, checking up on him and chasing away the cats (even though they are just walking past lol)!

I become much more anxious when I can't see how my rabbits are, when they've been at the vets.

I would definitely ask for some pain relief. Stasis can be painful and I think it would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoobec View Post
    Iím sorry heís not well do you know what is causing it? Did the vet check his teeth? Is he on any gut medicines and or metacam? Sending lots of vibes xx
    His diet hasnít changed at all but a few months ago he got gas so went into stasis.
    This time the only thing I can think of is we had a bit of soundproof put up on sat but the buns were around his feet getting in the way so werenít stressed, when there was a bit of drilling they went into the kitchen in their pen and cuddled.....but that said Luther is the stress head whereas Truffle loves the hoover! But I donít know if thatís why heís get big log poops.
    Or i have been putting baby rabbit selective pellets into a treat ball to entertain them, but they have had them before.

Teeth were checked at his jabs in Nov heís only on emeprid because on examination when it was just big poops he wasnít in pain, but now heís worse Iíve just asked for something else. So vets putting up for me metacam and Zantac. He said tomorrow if no improvement he has to be hospitalised :-(

Thank you xx

Quote Originally Posted by Omi View Post
    I become much more anxious when I can't see how my rabbits are, when they've been at the vets.

I would definitely ask for some pain relief. Stasis can be painful and I think it would be helpful.
    Thatís also true! It was easier when I worked at the vets because I could be involved.

Iíve asked, he said he will put up metacam and Zantac for me to collect. But if heís the same tomorrow they have to be hospitalised :-(

Your poor little soldier & poor you. I'd treat at home if my vet felt I could offer what they could. Pain relief sounds sensible. so i'd certainly ask for that. Loads of vibes xx