• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay - Update

tonibun

Wise Old Thumper
Waiting for my delivery of Hay! Also he is bringing round a sample of the Timothy Hay he has been growing with the price.

Last edited:
Waiting for my delivery of Hay! Also he is bringing round a sample of the Timothy Hay he has been growing with the price.

Has it arrived yet? It would be fantastic if you could get a local source of Timothy Hay.

Yes, it's here! The normal bales are £5 but this Timothy will be quite a bit dearer, so I shall probably have it as a treat hay. It doesn't look much different from the other hay actually. Some folk on the Island pay £22 a bale for the hay from Scotland but then they don't have as many buns as I do.

Yes, it's here! The normal bales are £5 but this Timothy will be quite a bit dearer, so I shall probably have it as a treat hay. It doesn't look much different from the other hay actually. Some folk on the Island pay £22 a bale for the hay from Scotland but then they don't have as many buns as I do.

Yes Timmy Hay is expensive, and I feed it separately in bowls and don't let it get trampled underfoot!

The difference in price is quite large. A shop on the Island sells a bag of the normal hay for £2.50 but the same size bag of Timothy Hay is £8.50. This seems a vast difference and I can't afford that. Comparing my normal hay, which is very good quality, with the sample bag of Timothy, there is really not that much difference tbh just a bit stalkier. I wonder if there will be a justifiable market on the Island, some have already said it's too expensive and they only have 2 rabbits!

Back