• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Free range house bunnies

Reading through the antics of forum house bunnies, I'm finding them hilarious :lol:

The more I hear about Dilly the more I love him, he sounds so funny.What an awesome bunny.

What happens when he tries the stairs?

Up is fine, he cant get down. He is too long to get his front paws and bottom on a single step. He has fallen a few times so now we try to bung him in the washing basket to bring him downstairs and also to deter him from going up.

Up is fine, he cant get down. He is too long to get his front paws and bottom on a single step. He has fallen a few times so now we try to bung him in the washing basket to bring him downstairs and also to deter him from going up.

I knew it was too difficult for some big long bunnies.Mousey is long & skinny. She can get up but looks like she will sommersault if she goes down. I've posted on here about stairs but nobun has ever seemed to have probs. Noodle & Myrtle never attempted the stairs but they have been no prob for Angel, Ralph, Kitty, Joey or Boo.

I knew it was too difficult for some big long bunnies.Mousey is long & skinny. She can get up but looks like she will sommersault if she goes down. I've posted on here about stairs but nobun has ever seemed to have probs. Noodle & Myrtle never attempted the stairs but they have been no prob for Angel, Ralph, Kitty, Joey or Boo.

The tread on my stairs might be smaller then average approx 8 inches, Dillon is approx 14 inches long when he is loafing.

Dillon is just the best. What a character he truly has. He's definitely got you wrapped round his paws.
Hillian sort of have free roam as much as possible. The living/diner is there default area when hoomans are in the house. They spend their time in the kitchen/diner when hoomans not in. Henry loves stairs. He's tried half a dozen times already today to get up but he's confined to downstairs due to his paw. He flies up the stairs and focuses so hard when he comes down and has mastered the stairs.
I've blocked off access to wires as best I can and monitor hillian when we are in.

Aww house rabbits with access to the whole house ... bliss.

Loganberry and Moondust have one room. Logan is a chewer so he has lots of cardboard boxes, willow twigs, a wooden box and hardly touvhes the carpet and has not chewed the skirting boards.

I love watching them whizzing round or (much much more often) laying cosily together side by side.

qq3cox.jpg

We have 2 dogs so a whole house isnt an option.

Back