• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Vibes for Jelly

Beapig

Mama Doe
Jellybean had her spay today. Poor girl only just got home and she limped/commando crawled out of her carrier :( Now lying down in her room looking rather sorry for herself. I know that spays are necessary and for the best in the long run, especially for does, but I feel soooo guilty to put her through this pain. I hope she feels better tomorrow <3

Jellybean had her spay today. Poor girl only just got home and she limped/commando crawled out of her carrier :( Now lying down in her room looking rather sorry for herself. I know that spays are necessary and for the best in the long run, especially for does, but I feel soooo guilty to put her through this pain. I hope she feels better tomorrow <3

Vibes for little Jelly!

I know how this is - she should be fine if you keep her warm.
Have you Metacam? When do you go back for the post spay check?

Aww poor Jelly :( Tui was much the same when she came home and it wasn't until the early hours of the morning that we managed to persuade her to eat anything (and that was Kale!). After about 24 hours though she was pretty much back to normal eating. I hope the vet gave you some Metacam for her.

Sending her lots of vibes for a speedy recovery. At least she's inside in the warm :)

Thank you for the vibe everyone <3 Jelly is doing much better - still not 100% but she's eating/drinking/pooping/weeing so everything is functioning.

Grass and coriander are the two foods she's craving the most, but she's also had broccoli, kale and spinach :) Post-op check-up at the vets this morning.

20190202_082200 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

I’m glad she is doing better, she is beautiful:love: did the vet discharge her with some metacam for you to give her at home? Good luck with the post op check :thumb:

She's very lovely, isn't she :love: I'm glad she's on the mend and hope the check-up goes well.

Thank you for the vibe everyone <3 Jelly is doing much better - still not 100% but she's eating/drinking/pooping/weeing so everything is functioning.

Grass and coriander are the two foods she's craving the most, but she's also had broccoli, kale and spinach :) Post-op check-up at the vets this morning.

20190202_082200 by Rachel Brown, on Flickr

Hope it all went well this morning :wave:

She's a real cutie pie. You had me worried when you didn't post back! :)

Hope it all went well this morning :wave:

She's a real cutie pie. You had me worried when you didn't post back! :)

Ahhh so sorry, I'm really bad at remembering to check in sometimes! :oops: Her post-op went well, the vet is very happy with how she's doing :) Now girly can just chill out, eat lots of tasty greens and get back to her normal self. She's sooo pretty isn't she :love:

Ahhh so sorry, I'm really bad at remembering to check in sometimes! :oops: Her post-op went well, the vet is very happy with how she's doing :) Now girly can just chill out, eat lots of tasty greens and get back to her normal self. She's sooo pretty isn't she :love:

She's very pretty :love:

I wonder if her nose and feet will darken over time?

She's very pretty :love:

I wonder if her nose and feet will darken over time?

I was wondering that too. We don't know her exact age but it's been indicated by her previous owner that she's at least four. So I think that they would have darkened by now if they were going to? I really love the pale purple-grey tone :love:

I was wondering that too. We don't know her exact age but it's been indicated by her previous owner that she's at least four. So I think that they would have darkened by now if they were going to? I really love the pale purple-grey tone :love:

I wouldn't be surprised to find that she's like my Tui in that it will darken or lighten with the different moults. When Tui arrived last March her dark bits were quite dark. She then moulted for the Summer and her dark bits became almost non-existent and nearly white. The next moult, prior to Winter, has produced the same darker bits that she had when she arrived :)

Back