• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny suddenly trying to burrow or make a den.

jasper9

New Kit
Jasper has never burrowed in his litter tray or displayed any of this type of behaviour however, since having two dental operations he's been acting very strangely.

Jasper is a 7 year old lion head house rabbit, he's always been a typical bunny, likes exploring and running around the house, however since his operations he's started to burrow loads. He is currently trying to make a den out of my red bean bag and despite being litter trained, using it as a toilet too! The vets for pets vet suggested putting him to sleep after seeing the teeth problem, but since I can afford it, and he's not in pain I've taken him for two successful operations.

Is this a normal stress response?

Thanks

Perhaps he is trying to dig out as it were so as not to have anymore dentals. He does have a litter tray as well with hay in or near does he? And somewhere private?

He's cute. Looks like he has discovered a new way of having fun. It doesn't look out of the ordinary to me. One thing I would do is keep the beanbag out of the way when he's not supervised as if he gets bored of digging & starts biting, you don't want him ingesting any of those nasty beads they normally fill bean bags with

Back