• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grass Patterned Vinyl Flooring

smarties11

New Kit
Hi All,

We're in the process of building a bunny room in our garage, which will be connected to an outdoor run.

I was looking at flooring options and see that vinyl floor is an option recommended by many bunny owners. I came across a roll end remnant of some vinyl floor which has a grass pattern on it (like this https://www.best4flooring.co.uk/bingo-cushion-vinyl-flooring-sheet-grass-025) which looks really good and is cheap, but then I wondered...….do you think it might confuse the bunnies? Will they attempt to try and claw/eat it?

Opinions appreciated

Thanks!

I bought that for my bunnies! I love it. No the bunnies will not be confused for a second but RU members will be if you post pictures of house bunnies on it - that was my experience

Mine wouldn't, they work primarily on smell and feel at close range! I they saw it at a distance they might be curious about it, but once on it they wouldn't be fussed, I don't think :)

I bought that for my bunnies! I love it. No the bunnies will not be confused for a second but RU members will be if you post pictures of house bunnies on it - that was my experience

:lol: Doesn't take much to confuse me these days! :lol:

Thanks everyone, appreciate the quick response! And thanks for the photo joey&boo. It's great to see a real world example! I shall get it ordered, in that case :)

We're aiming to give them as much space as we can, we've built a stud wall in our garage to make the room and then inside that the bunnies will have a 2m x 2m enclosure, with another 1m x 1m or so raised platform. Their outdoor run will be a similar size, and eventually they'll have access to the garden too. We made the mistake of agreeing to get our two daughters rabbits before researching into how much room they really need! :lol:

Hi All,

We're in the process of building a bunny room in our garage, which will be connected to an outdoor run.

I was looking at flooring options and see that vinyl floor is an option recommended by many bunny owners. I came across a roll end remnant of some vinyl floor which has a grass pattern on it (like this https://www.best4flooring.co.uk/bingo-cushion-vinyl-flooring-sheet-grass-025) which looks really good and is cheap, but then I wondered...….do you think it might confuse the bunnies? Will they attempt to try and claw/eat it?

Opinions appreciated

Thanks!

Hi there and welcome to the forum :wave:

The rabbits won't be confused for a moment, but as J&B said, we will be :lol:
I love it!

I hope you enjoy the Forum and I look forward to seeing pics of your lovely bunnies :)

Back