• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hair Pulling & Chasing In Bond Attempt

Mandmcc

Alpha Buck
Hi all, long time no post! I’m in the process of bonding two female rabbits (not ideal but I’m prepared to house separately, permanently if needed).

I have manor pet housing so have made a floor space of 1m x 1m and they’ve been in there since yesterday. Mostly they ignore each other - graze on hay, flop, beady eyeing each other the whole time..

When they get too close together GiGi will chase Luna and a couple of times has pulled some hair out. I haven’t left them (it’s been a long night) and so I shout ahahah! Push GiGi back and give them both a stroke. I don’t want either to be hurt - there has been no rolling about, hair flying scuffles yet - and I just don’t have the stomach for that.

So my question is, am I doing the right thing intervening or should I let them chase it out? Gigi’s facial expression changes so I’ve been pre-empting and when I see pointy face, I tell her to pack it in and she does. I just don’t know if this is good or if I’m just delaying the inevitable or making it worse!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

74bf150a7f503233b7a9ea0408e61420.jpg

Well, looks like I answered my own question [emoji23] Bond success, repeat bond success!

Totally worth powering through three nights of ah-ah-ahs; I cracked them!

8c5b7f22f560f1e56015a9e212b8f1d0.jpg

Back