• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Teddy has stasis

Orenoko

Mama Doe
Not sure where it's come from or why but he's completely off his food and not at all happy. I've even tried porridge oats and baby food but he's turning his nose up at those. Off to the vet soon. I've got some Emeprid but don't want to give it to him until I know what's going on. He'd been doing so well recently given all his issues and had seemed so happy in himself so I hope it's not too serious.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Sending lots of vibes for him, I hope the vet can find the cause and that it’s easily treatable :thumb:

Not sure where it's come from or why but he's completely off his food and not at all happy. I've even tried porridge oats and baby food but he's turning his nose up at those. Off to the vet soon. I've got some Emeprid but don't want to give it to him until I know what's going on. He'd been doing so well recently given all his issues and had seemed so happy in himself so I hope it's not too serious.

Poor Teddy. Has he passed poo overnight ? That would be helpful info to be able to give the Vet. You are doing the very best thing in holding off giving any gut motility meds until Teddy has been examined. Sending lots of vibes xx

Thank you all for your support, unfortunately he's been admitted overnight for fluids, pain relief etc, possible blood tests depending on how he goes. His temperature is low which is concerning. I've dropped Lilac at the vets too for company and just in case the worst happens. Got to admit I'm thinking the worst, even with everything he's been through he's never lost his appetite so he must be feeling really poorly. Will update as and when I have news.

Ohhh Teddy! He sounds like he is in good hands now and I hope he will recover soon. Lots of love and vibes to Teddy xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your support, unfortunately he's been admitted overnight for fluids, pain relief etc, possible blood tests depending on how he goes. His temperature is low which is concerning. I've dropped Lilac at the vets too for company and just in case the worst happens. Got to admit I'm thinking the worst, even with everything he's been through he's never lost his appetite so he must be feeling really poorly. Will update as and when I have news.

I'm so sorry to hear this, just when little Ted was doing so well.

My thoughts are with you and Lilac. Praying for a good outcome xx

Well done for getting him to the Vet so promptly. Hopefully with some intensive Veterinary care he will soon be feeling much better xx

Sending loads of love and vibes for the gorgeous Teddy. I hope that the vets can make him feel much better.

I really hope that he will be feeling better soon, I hope the vets can help. Topping up the vibes xx

Thanks all [emoji847] lots of messages that I'll need to pass on to him!

The vet rang earlier and he's improving, he's eaten and is moving about but no poos yet so they want to continue monitoring him. I might be able to pick him up later but they'll call me again later and let me know. He'll be pleased to hear all the well wishes!

Thanks all [emoji847] lots of messages that I'll need to pass on to him!

The vet rang earlier and he's improving, he's eaten and is moving about but no poos yet so they want to continue monitoring him. I might be able to pick him up later but they'll call me again later and let me know. He'll be pleased to hear all the well wishes!

Oh great! Glad to hear he's picking up. All our claws crossed for Teddy here xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Back