• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garden woodcraft hutch leaked again

Graciee

Staff member
Gahh this damn hutch, last time he came and replaced the membrane which it solely replies on to be water tight.. Which isn't great...

But the membrane has a few claw marks on it.. And the bedding area is so wet again [emoji37]

I had it 6 months (probably not even) the first time it happened, this is like not even a year since it last leaked..

I can't understand how you can use a thin plastic membrane to keep the hutch dry inside, when it's for animals that chew [emoji849]

Sorry for the rant.. I feel like I shouldn't contact him.. But like the hutch was between £400-£500 IIRC, Apricot and Penelope are gunna have to come inside now :/

That’s not good (that the hutch leaked) but having Apricot and Penelope as house bunnies can only be a good thing imo :love:

That’s not good (that the hutch leaked) but having Apricot and Penelope as house bunnies can only be a good thing imo :love:
Yeaaaaa eventually they will be... But rn it's just another thing I've brought inside [emoji849][emoji38] my parents are not going to be amused [emoji38]

And ima have to put them in a cage, and the other two are upset because the cage doors have shut [emoji38] just temporarily til I can proof somewhere, just need to get them warm :( poor babies

I hope you can get them all settled, and things smoothed over with your parents! I would complain about the hutch and also try citizens advice, I’m not sure if it’s trading standards you can also complain to but citizens advice will be able to point you in the right direction. It’s not like it was cheap, it ought to have lasted years and years, especially at that price.

Gahh this damn hutch, last time he came and replaced the membrane which it solely replies on to be water tight.. Which isn't great...

But the membrane has a few claw marks on it.. And the bedding area is so wet again [emoji37]

I had it 6 months (probably not even) the first time it happened, this is like not even a year since it last leaked..

I can't understand how you can use a thin plastic membrane to keep the hutch dry inside, when it's for animals that chew [emoji849]

Sorry for the rant.. I feel like I shouldn't contact him.. But like the hutch was between £400-£500 IIRC, Apricot and Penelope are gunna have to come inside now :/

Oh dear that's a bummer :( Not the little (big) ones coming inside, but that you've got to get the hutch repaired yet again!
Why wouldn't you want to contact him again? Is it because he would say the rabbits did the damage so it's not his fault?

Oh dear that's a bummer :( Not the little (big) ones coming inside, but that you've got to get the hutch repaired yet again!
Why wouldn't you want to contact him again? Is it because he would say the rabbits did the damage so it's not his fault?
Well last time he said he's never had this problem before but.. I can't see how you can not if you have buns in them :/

The design of the roof just seems to not work.. For the type of animal it's made for.. If it was just over lapped wood, it'd be fine I think... The hole in the lining is so small it's from a scratch from a bunny claw, yet the water's dripping in :(

I think I'll have to contact him again, he won't be happy but for the amount I paid for it.. It needs to last at least one winter, which it hasn't managed to do yet :/

Apricot and Penelope on the other hand are now dry, inside and very happy, they're so cheeky [emoji38]

Well last time he said he's never had this problem before but.. I can't see how you can not if you have buns in them :/

The design of the roof just seems to not work.. For the type of animal it's made for.. If it was just over lapped wood, it'd be fine I think... The hole in the lining is so small it's from a scratch from a bunny claw, yet the water's dripping in :(

I think I'll have to contact him again, he won't be happy but for the amount I paid for it.. It needs to last at least one winter, which it hasn't managed to do yet :/

Apricot and Penelope on the other hand are now dry, inside and very happy, they're so cheeky [emoji38]

:D

I hope the rest of your family are equally happy looking at their little faces :love:

Back