• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Molar Removal/Update

Yes hopefully he can maintain feeling ok while we get a firm diagnosis xx

I hope he can remain feeling OK too.
I always think it's us that suffers more from the stress, whereas if his quality of life is good, that's all that matters to him x

FHB suspects Liver lobe torsion, he’s going to surgery now. He’s declined through today and is in a lot of pain.

I'm so sorry to read what's happened to your lovely boy, you've done the absolute best for him in the short time you had him and it's obvious how much you love him. Again so sorry to hear xxx

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

I’m so very sorry:cry: there are no words:cry:
You did the very best you could for him. Thinking of you and sending hugs xx

Oh Bex - I am so so very sorry. YOu did all you could for him and no one could have done more. You filled his life with love and comfort and enriched the life he had.
Thinking of you and sending you hugs. Binkey free little bunny. x

Thank you.
He passed away after they administered the pre meds and couldn’t be resuscitated. It turns out many of his major organs were filled with abscesses and he stood no chance. I can’t remember what the disease was called but the vet had never seen or heard of it in pet rabbits before and whatever it is is hideously infectious. He’d had it a long time, before he came to live with me.
I am so sad but can rest a little easier knowing it was nothing I had done, or missed :(

Back