• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is This Normal?

ShirleyGirl

Young Bun
Hello,

My two buns have been living together for two years now. Boy/girl, both neutered. They live outdoors in a large hutch with a pen attached, but have a nice space in my basement that I bring them into when it's very cold. I brought them in Saturday afternoon ahead of very frigid weather. They still sit side by side, but the male has started chasing and humping the girl relentlessly. I don't notice this much when they are outside. She tries to get away from him, but he won't let her alone.

Anyone know why this is happening and what I should do? Earlier today, I picked her up and kept her with me for a while, just to give her a break.

Thanks,

SG

It's most likely because you have put them somewhere different. While in their usual territory they were fine and hierarchy established but now, having moved them, this has been unsettled.

It's most likely because you have put them somewhere different. While in their usual territory they were fine and hierarchy established but now, having moved them, this has been unsettled.

Yes, I agree with Tonibun :thumb: hopefully they will settle down in a day or so. I would give them plenty to distract them, forage, rabbit safe sticks such as chemical free apple and pear twigs to chew on, plenty of nice hay.

Thanks tonibun and Zoobec. You are probably right. I didn't think it would be an issue because they have been in/out of this basement area over the last two years. I move them in during deep cold or extreme heat. Finicky little things, aren't they.

Back