• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new cage for the Gerbils :)

binkyCodie

Mama Doe
so the Kerry arrived today :D
it arrived in a HUGE box like..almost oversized.. I get why because of packing and stuff but when it arrived I was like holy **** [emoji38]
qGJJysFm.jpg

ngl..when Graciee said I was heavy, I didn't think THAT heavy -- it was :oops:[emoji38] idk how I actually managed to move it upstairs.

here it is before they messed it all up
qTFnZX8l.jpg

8vkgfxwl.jpg

and here they are :) I think they like it, I hope so. I have way too many toys though! gonna have to find a place to store them.
PzeK8tUl.jpg
RnKXy3al.jpg

Z77maukl.jpg
xvrOzvgl.jpg

1PAJQnZl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awhh! It looks great! :D

Yea I wasn't joking about how heavy it is [emoji38][emoji38]

And the rodipet water holder thing! What do you think of it? Both my hammies have them I've been very happy with them :)

What bedding are you using? :D

Awhh! It looks great! :D

Yea I wasn't joking about how heavy it is [emoji38][emoji38]

And the rodipet water holder thing! What do you think of it? Both my hammies have them I've been very happy with them :)

What bedding are you using? :D

thank you! it was super heavy, I'm surprised I could get it upstairs. took some faffing about. in the end I took the lid off and carefully pushed it up one step at a time. the delivery guy moved it so efortlessly!

I do really love it! its working super well for them to access water. its super cute too lol. don't think its gonna affect their nails though as they've dug it under the bedding. my plan was to have it on top of the nest box in their cage, but its just a bit too big :( the bottle thankfully has remained on top of the bedding as I think they realise they need it. I might have a rethink and find something bigger to rest it on. I know PAH do a smaller rat nesting box, maybe that will work. might have to measure out the bottle and take it along :lol:

I'm using megazorb :) have done for a while as it got too expensive using carefresh to fill up their cages, I usually needed two 60l bags and I'd just oof :? K complains it smells but it just smells like a book to me :)

It looks great, and they look happy with their new home:love:

thank you :love: they seem very happy, which in turn makes me happy.

This looks great - do you mind if i ask where it is from?

zooplus! :D its the terrarium Kerry, I personally have no complaints. arrived quickly and not broken, it has great ventilation (which is always my concern with tank type cages) as it also has a vent strip at the back. its big enough and the biggest I could offer, its roughly 124L or so?

thank you! it was super heavy, I'm surprised I could get it upstairs. took some faffing about. in the end I took the lid off and carefully pushed it up one step at a time. the delivery guy moved it so efortlessly!

I do really love it! its working super well for them to access water. its super cute too lol. don't think its gonna affect their nails though as they've dug it under the bedding. my plan was to have it on top of the nest box in their cage, but its just a bit too big :( the bottle thankfully has remained on top of the bedding as I think they realise they need it. I might have a rethink and find something bigger to rest it on. I know PAH do a smaller rat nesting box, maybe that will work. might have to measure out the bottle and take it along [emoji38]

I'm using megazorb :) have done for a while as it got too expensive using carefresh to fill up their cages, I usually needed two 60l bags and I'd just oof :? K complains it smells but it just smells like a book to me :)

thank you :love: they seem very happy, which in turn makes me happy.

zooplus! :D its the terrarium Kerry, I personally have no complaints. arrived quickly and not broken, it has great ventilation (which is always my concern with tank type cages) as it also has a vent strip at the back. its big enough and the biggest I could offer, its roughly 124L or so?
Yeaa that might work! I've seen people raise there's up like you describe so it's probably the way forward :)

Ah Megazorb yea I just can't [emoji38]

I've not really sorted out the bedding situation, I really don't wanna buy fitch now, but carefresh is expensive too, but last weekend I ran out of fitch and need to change Cottonball so went to pets at home, I figured I'd just buy two of the biggest carefresh bags they sell, not ideal but I'd just do it this once, but apparently there's a supply problem and pets at home can't get any [emoji38] which the guy said is a nightmare because they use it too for their animals in store, so all they had was a few tiny packs of the pink stuff left [emoji849] her tank looks so silly now [emoji849][emoji38] might have to buy fitch [emoji849] I just really don't want to!

Back