• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Halloumi is missing

I really hope he is found safely soon. I was surprised working at the vets how many rabbits found wandering were handed in, so fingers crossed Halloumi will be taken to a vets soon x

I'm sorry to hear Halloumi is missing!

You still can. If you have the microchip number in his vet records or adoption paperwork then you can register that with a company. That way, if he's picked up and taken to a vet or shelter they will scan him and your info will come up. If not, they'll scan him and either the rescue's info will come up, or it'll be blank (depending on if the rescue registered it with them or not).

Thank you. I spoke to the vet surgery at Pets at Home (where Halloumi was in the Pets for Adoption) and am going in to see the staff on the shop floor on Monday - I am working tomorrow - to check their records for him. Hopefully they have kept some.

Thank you. I spoke to the vet surgery at Pets at Home (where Halloumi was in the Pets for Adoption) and am going in to see the staff on the shop floor on Monday - I am working tomorrow - to check their records for him. Hopefully they have kept some.

Jake was chipped as a pets at home adoption rabbit 5 years ago, his chip is with a company called peddymark. The pets at home where I used to work at the vets inside also use peddymark still. But to update the chip you would need the chip number, pets at home do keep a record (not sure for how long), hope your visit on Monday is helpful

Sending you some positive vibes that your bunny will be found.
I once adopted a bunny who was found wondering outside. We never knew if my Digger was a run away (no chip or owners looking in the neighborhood) or if he was intentionally let go when he became mature (he was a feisty bunny). So I am hopeful your bunny will either return on his own to see his friends or be located nearby.

I would ask all your neighbours, ask at all your local vets - leave a poster with them, put up posters on lamp posts, ask in local shops if you can put up notices, ask at any local animal sanctuarys, even if they don’t take rabbits normally. Facebook is a good idea for spreading the word too, although a lot of people don’t use it. Your local paper might let you put a lost ad in.

I had some annual leave but am now back at a job I hate so I have felt better:( I am supposed to be trying to reduce stress to get my blood pressure down but I guess I forgot to tell Halloumi that!!!

Am really worried about Zippy as he is so miserable. I was up at 0515 for work and he hadn't eaten many pellets and only part of a spring green. I have just got home and he has finished the pellets and the greens so I have given him some more.

I am going to Pets at Home tomorrow to find out about the microchip and put a poster in there.

I would ask all your neighbours, ask at all your local vets - leave a poster with them, put up posters on lamp posts, ask in local shops if you can put up notices, ask at any local animal sanctuarys, even if they don’t take rabbits normally. Facebook is a good idea for spreading the word too, although a lot of people don’t use it. Your local paper might let you put a lost ad in.

I agree. When a cat went missing I think everyone was sick of the sight of me. I knocked on all doors. Then I put notes through doors of half the village; notices, with pics, on every lamp post, in local shops, local and further afield vets and Rescues, Pets at Home ... then knocked on all doors again. You have to make a real nuisance of yourself. I’m quite shy ... but I never stopped pestering!

Hopefully he'll come home safely, I know there's often lots of foxes on the railway line :(

Did you lose the others, I can't remember their names :oops: :(

Still no Halloumi:( PAH staff remembered him and said that the pet chipping company would contact them and they have my details. They are also putting a poster up for me.

Gem my other buns, except Zippy, have all gone to the Bridge, either naturally or with the help of the vet. I had 11 at one point but gradually they have died.

Back