• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buying pellets in bulk

Alicia

Mama Doe
Now with 4 bunnies I’m wondering whether to go for the biggest bag of pellets. It would seem that Beans’ hay tastes are quite expensive :lol: so I’m trying to save a bit of money here and there, but would these large bags of pellets keep? I know it would take a while to go through, would it be better to just go for smaller bags? I normally transfer the pellets into a food container but wouldn’t be able to put a whole big bag in a container

I buy big sacks of food and dispense it into airtight tubs.
Yes, I do similar. I only have the two and they have about a scoop a day every day, and the 10kg bag lasts from bought and put straight into use to best before date (give or take about 18m) with no issues. I decant into an easier-to-use tupperware and scoop out of that, and then tie the bag like I would a compost bag or similar, so I twist the top and lasso with string.

With mine I never thought it would be worthwhile -at an eggcupful a day each the cost was pretty insignificant compared with the cost of buying really good hay.

Back