• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis again!

Oww Truffy :( this is so so sad. A lovely box and tribute for Truffle. What lovely vets you have too. Endless hugs for you and Luther xxx

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I’m overwhelmed with how great the vets have been, the vet I worked for was only about profit and didn’t care about clients or staff so it’s just been amazing to see there are practices that just want to help and put clients and pets first.

Thank you, it’s a struggle coming to terms with it all.
We are going to try and make the living room more enticing and fun for Luey tomorrow so he’s with us a bit more. Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bet the vets were upset too. That's a beautiful way to give him back to you.
From what you've told me, I don't think he suffered, but passed away next to his best buddy.

Sending you loads of hugs, and vibes that Luther and the kitties cope with this as best as they can xx

I was hoping to talk to the vet today but she had gone on lunch when we went to collect the boys, she was going to call but didn’t (I’m guessing emergencies or something) so I will ring tomorrow. But this morning she did sound really upset and a bit defeated because they all tried so hard and kept discussing his case.

Thank you I really appreciate you saying that because it has been playing on my mind as I’m sure it does any owner when their pet dies naturally.

Thank you so much. We are trying to give them all attention especially little Luther, I just want to smooch him and ask how he’s doing. Xx

I am so sorry for your loss. As do others on this forum, I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved bunny. Like me, you will probably keep wondering if your missed something (you didn't) of if there was anything else that could have been done to save your friend (you did everything and much more than most bunnies get). Take comfort in knowing he was with his friend enjoying a cuddle when he went to the bridge. I sure if gave him a lot of comfort. HUGS.

I am so sorry for your loss. As do others on this forum, I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved bunny. Like me, you will probably keep wondering if your missed something (you didn't) of if there was anything else that could have been done to save your friend (you did everything and much more than most bunnies get). Take comfort in knowing he was with his friend enjoying a cuddle when he went to the bridge. I sure if gave him a lot of comfort. HUGS.

Thank you <3
The thing that keeps upsetting me at the moment is just not understanding what went so wrong, and just total disbelief, I see a picture of him and my brain just can’t accept that he’s not there anymore. This morning I cried because I was getting forms out of my pet folder to cancel his care plan and deactivate his microchip and I balled my eyes out that he’s just a file in my binder now :-(

Thank you that is really reassuring to hear, it’s just hard not to go to that dark place of wondering and replaying. Seeing him the evening before he passed haunts me at the moment because it wasn’t him. I hope that passes.
Thank you, I really hope he did because I hate I wasn’t there with him and he wasn’t home when he moved on :-(
Thank you for your comforting words x

Thank you <3
The thing that keeps upsetting me at the moment is just not understanding what went so wrong, and just total disbelief, I see a picture of him and my brain just can’t accept that he’s not there anymore. This morning I cried because I was getting forms out of my pet folder to cancel his care plan and deactivate his microchip and I balled my eyes out that he’s just a file in my binder now :-(

Thank you that is really reassuring to hear, it’s just hard not to go to that dark place of wondering and replaying. Seeing him the evening before he passed haunts me at the moment because it wasn’t him. I hope that passes.
Thank you, I really hope he did because I hate I wasn’t there with him and he wasn’t home when he moved on :-(
Thank you for your comforting words x

My bunny was home ,yet he left me when I could not stay awake any longer after days of almost constant care.
After six weeks I cannot make sense of it and cry myself to sleep at times.
My brain knows he got great care but my heart cannot let go.

My bunny was home ,yet he left me when I could not stay awake any longer after days of almost constant care.
After six weeks I cannot make sense of it and cry myself to sleep at times.
My brain knows he got great care but my heart cannot let go.

I am so sorry for your loss :-(
Thant is exactly how I feel too. Because there is no answer I feel like I can’t not partly blame myself because we don’t know what it was or if he had a chance.

Everything still makes me cry, I saw the hutch upstairs we built for him when he was a baby and I lost it. The shock of him just here binkying one minute gone the next is just too much.
My heart now breaks all over again when I see Luther with the cuddly bunny I gave him yesterday, snuggling it and grooming it, because like us, I know he wishes it was Truffle :’-(

If you ever need to talk or cry with someone, I’m here x

ab8ba70c2e944c958a321714003aabb1.jpg

c4650dbbe94439a42d78067084c6826b.jpg

I hope Luther is coping ok in his own way. You're all still in my thoughts xx

Thank you.

I think he’s very 50/50 bless him, he’s eating and pooping which is great, and we’ve had the occasional zoomies at night because he is an energetic boy. But he snuggles the teddy and grooms it, loves attention and strokes from us which isn’t normal and he snuggles the blanket that smells like Puffy <3

Thank you xx

I am so sorry for your loss :-(
Thant is exactly how I feel too. Because there is no answer I feel like I can’t not partly blame myself because we don’t know what it was or if he had a chance.

Everything still makes me cry, I saw the hutch upstairs we built for him when he was a baby and I lost it. The shock of him just here binkying one minute gone the next is just too much.
My heart now breaks all over again when I see Luther with the cuddly bunny I gave him yesterday, snuggling it and grooming it, because like us, I know he wishes it was Truffle :’-(

If you ever need to talk or cry with someone, I’m here x

ab8ba70c2e944c958a321714003aabb1.jpg

c4650dbbe94439a42d78067084c6826b.jpg

It's heartbreaking :(

I had one rabbit who was beside himself when his friend left.
He sat with the stuffed rabbit day and night until I managed to bond him again which I did as soon as possible.

Thinking of you all and sending love and hugs xx

It's heartbreaking :(

I had one rabbit who was beside himself when his friend left.
He sat with the stuffed rabbit day and night until I managed to bond him again which I did as soon as possible.

Thinking of you all and sending love and hugs xx

Aww bless :-(
Yes see that’s the thing I’m trying to think about is knowing when the time would be to bond again because I don’t want to do it too soon for me and Sam, but I don’t want to wait and he’s lonely. I also worry doing it to early for him and he hurts another bunny because he was difficult to bond.

We are thinking of taking him speed dating at a rescue and see if he fancies anybun. But we are trying to make sure the timing is best for him.

Thank you <3 xxx

I made a card to take into the vets this week to say thank you for everything they did for us, but rather than just buy one I wanted to make one to show him as he always was, not the sick bunny they saw at the end, so they can remember him just as we will.
The lady in one picture is my vet nurse friend when she pet sat for us <3

Taking in some roses for them all to share and a giant bar of galaxy, because galaxy was Truffle’s favourite (accidentally discovered that when he was a baby and he stole a bar with the help of the cats!) lol.

Just wanted to share the cute photos on the card with you all :) x

359680c98e389525f44a161b64863d17.jpg

I made a card to take into the vets this week to say thank you for everything they did for us, but rather than just buy one I wanted to make one to show him as he always was, not the sick bunny they saw at the end, so they can remember him just as we will.

Taking in some roses for them all to share and a giant bar of galaxy, because galaxy was Truffle’s favourite (accidentally discovered that when he was a baby and he stole a bar with the help of the cats!) lol.

That is beautiful, so much Truffly goodness in one go. They are all stunning photos - that middle one (left) is my ultimate fave xx

Gosh he is so so beautiful

In my experience getting another bunny (Maple) helped me when I lost Millie. You know they will never replace them but you love them just as much. I done speed dating with Toby and I personally wouldn't do it again. I think it was very stressful for him and I don't think it was very accurate. I think the best thing to do would be to ask the rescue for a rabbit that has lost her husbun or that is quite submissive (if I am right in thinking Luther likes to be top bun). lots of loves to Luther, he seems to be doing good xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

What a beautiful and thoughtful thing to do :love:

I am sure they will be bowled over and Truff was such a handsome boy :love:

That is beautiful, so much Truffly goodness in one go. They are all stunning photos - that middle one (left) is my ultimate fave xx

Aww thank you <3
I just don’t want them to remember him ill but as we do, cheeky, happy, totally unique and of course gorgeous and shiny! Xx

Gosh he is so so beautiful

In my experience getting another bunny (Maple) helped me when I lost Millie. You know they will never replace them but you love them just as much. I done speed dating with Toby and I personally wouldn't do it again. I think it was very stressful for him and I don't think it was very accurate. I think the best thing to do would be to ask the rescue for a rabbit that has lost her husbun or that is quite submissive (if I am right in thinking Luther likes to be top bun). lots of loves to Luther, he seems to be doing good xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Aww thank you. He really was <3

Well now I’m really glad for this comment because we finally had the stomach to properly discuss the new bunny friend idea last night after a good weep.

I appreciate you sharing your experience because we were thinking about speed dating and wondered if it would be super stressful plus he’s had Syphilis and there’s not 100% certainty it’s cured until he’s stressed enough to either come out or not....so I don’t want to risk potentially, bunnies waiting for new lives.

Our thinking is currently very split, but as I say it’s our first real talk about it. Basically we know adoption is the best moral choice and gives another bunny a chance, but we also have to consider the fact we also have cats which will probably be very new to a rescue, the rescue ones seen so far are 30-40 miles away so we’d have to just go for it at Hope he fancies them, we want a similar age because Luey is so spritly, and there aren’t many that seem suitable for him so far. Yes your totally correct he was the more aggressive because he didn’t trust other bunnies after being bullied.
However with a rescue you do have the advantage of them knowing the personality, whereas a baby bun or youngster their personality may not show yet.

Sorry I’m rambling! Just so much to consider and the thought of going through the bonding process with them being upstairs for a few months etc etc is just a bit draining.

Thanks for your help I really appreciate it! Xxx

What a beautiful and thoughtful thing to do :love:

I am sure they will be bowled over and Truff was such a handsome boy :love:

Aww thank you :-D
I hope so, I know a few will probably get sad at it but it’s so they can remember him the way we hope to, and not a sick bunny x

I let Luey go upstairs with the cats into the old bonding room and where we keep the old hutch the boys were in before they upgraded to the pen.

He definitely recognised smells in there and got obsessed with the hutch. But he also really enjoyed nosing about up there and wore himself out, so I think it was a good distraction. But I’m noticing he’s having, like us, good and bad days. He was very withdrawn yesterday but today he’s got a lot of energy and bouncing more.

Bless him.
I thought I’d share so you guys can see him doing ok, and better than I thought which is good <3

dee64d4c862f847fbf9733c8561bad85.jpg

c8fc1aa7d184f73bf85d8c6d9cff1f25.jpg

fa62b4050797c0d03d4c6118c322db33.jpg

3fa4062ff6cca82694a25628903cc3fe.jpg

Back