• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Stasis again!

So just to put some feelers out, we have organised to view some baby/young buns this week with two different people.

Then last night I tried once more to scour the Internet for a rescue that might suit. And bingo, there she was! She’s a bit further away (1 hr 15) but we are trying to enquire about her. Unfortunately I think the Walsall branch doesn’t have many staff members and largely volunteers, so struggling to get through. But we will keep at it and see if we can visit her too

22c790932f6edbe30f5ff4cd183d3f8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh my lawdy lawdy lawd. She's perfect! Fingers, paws and claws crossed for you!! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Oh my lawdy lawdy lawd. She's perfect! Fingers, paws and claws crossed for you!! Xx

She's gorgeous! She does remind me of a certain Miss Maple Syrupyness!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Aww thank you guys <3 she is pretty! I don’t know how someone could give her up straight after Christmas :-(

Yes I do see a bit of Maple syrupyness too hehe! Xx

She's lovely :love: I hope everything works out well.

Thank you :)

Not heard anything back still yet but apparently they can take 5-7 days to return calls and emails.

It’s my birthday tomorrow so hopefully we will get some extra luck tomorrow hehe!!

So just to put some feelers out, we have organised to view some baby/young buns this week with two different people.

Then last night I tried once more to scour the Internet for a rescue that might suit. And bingo, there she was! She’s a bit further away (1 hr 15) but we are trying to enquire about her. Unfortunately I think the Walsall branch doesn’t have many staff members and largely volunteers, so struggling to get through. But we will keep at it and see if we can visit her too

22c790932f6edbe30f5ff4cd183d3f8c.jpg

She is beautiful :love:

Let me know if you need a hand with RSPCA Walsall, as I have been in touch with Becky in the past ;)

She is beautiful :love:

Let me know if you need a hand with RSPCA Walsall, as I have been in touch with Becky in the past ;)

She sounds like such a potential match for Luey! <3

Oh thank you! I’ve sent Becky a message on here but (after a small stalk) I don’t think she’s posted anything in a long time so not sure if he will see it. Still not heard anything yet today from the centre itself either.

I saw on Facebook she was posted a week or two ago and at least one person said they emailed for details so we might be too late :-/ x

So mini update, Becky has been in touch and said Arabella is still available!

So we have exchanged a few email and I sent some pics of our set up etc and it’s going well. We are having a phone chat tomorrow to go through more details.

But might be the start of something.
Thank you so much Zoobec your recommendation was so helpful <3

So mini update, Becky has been in touch and said Arabella is still available!

So we have exchanged a few email and I sent some pics of our set up etc and it’s going well. We are having a phone chat tomorrow to go through more details.

But might be the start of something.
Thank you so much Zoobec your recommendation was so helpful <3

This is great news :thumb: fingers crossed for you all :thumb:

This is great news :thumb: fingers crossed for you all :thumb:

Thank you!
We’ve been in touch properly today and Becky is setting up our local Rspca to do a home visit. They will contact me in the next few days to set a date, then pending their report back to Walsall we can then go meet Arabella!

So going well so far :-D

I am just looking at her again and I am thinking how much of a good looking couple she and Luey would be. Don't the RSPCA offer bonding as well? I know my local one does.

Thank you!
We’ve been in touch properly today and Becky is setting up our local Rspca to do a home visit. They will contact me in the next few days to set a date, then pending their report back to Walsall we can then go meet Arabella!

So going well so far :-D

Fantastic news :thumb:

I am just looking at her again and I am thinking how much of a good looking couple she and Luey would be. Don't the RSPCA offer bonding as well? I know my local one does.

I thought so too! She is very pretty and lovely colours.
Unfortunately because this branch is totally volunteers mostly they don’t have an animal centre it’s foster homes so they can’t bond.

I was thinking maybe have her upstairs for a week or so to settle in then put the barrier in again and add Luey one side and have them side by side a few weeks to formally meet, hopefully it won’t take as long as with Truffy then we can go to the same bonder again. Unless it’s obvious they are totally in love then I might brave doing it myself.

Had our home check yesterday from the RSPCA. Never been so nervous lol!

Got to wait for the Walsall branch to get the report and see if we pass. Then if so, we can go meet Arabella. I’ll post any updates on her now on a new thread and leave this one be.

R.I.P Truffy puffy <3 <3

Got to wait for the Walsall branch to get the report and see if we pass. Then if so, we can go meet Arabella. I’ll post any updates on her now on a new thread and leave this one be.

R.I.P Truffy puffy <3 <3

Great news about the home check - hope it all works out :)

And lovely Truffle will always be around, watching and willing everything to work, I am sure xx

R.I.P Truffy puffy <3 <3

I am sure all will be fine with your HC :)

I'm sure that the home check will be fine too. Will be watching out for further updates and sending best wishes.

Back