• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frosty and Fern enjoying their new hayrack

If you wanted a change in career, you could set up a company to market these for rabbits and earn a small fortune :)

That's alot of hay consumed. I bet their poop is lovely and golden

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

It is lovely and golden, yes :love: they eat a lot from this hay rack, quite a bit from a small wooden one and then they have a big lasagne dish with Timothy hay.co.uk hay in, which is always eaten first :thumb:

If you wanted a change in career, you could set up a company to market these for rabbits and earn a small fortune :)

Good idea :thumb: I’ve never seen one apart from in the charity shop though, and it was screaming hay rack at me :lol:

I had a quick google and found this in Ikea https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products...basket-with-pull-out-rail-white-spr-59213467/

How do you fill your basket? Do you have to take it off the wall?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is similar to mine but mine doesn’t have rails on it. Also it’s more open than mine at the corners.

Mine has a scooped out bit at one end which I imagine is the ‘handle’, I have fitted this at the top, I fill it through that. I use hay that is a bit shorter cut for in that, so it’s easier for them to eat, and easier for me to fill. It’s got sweet green and 5 a day hay in it from nature’s own at the moment :thumb:

I so want one of these.

I’m just revamping the shed and was planning on using the undershelf baskets as they hold quite a bit but these would be perfect. If anyone spots this sort of thing anywhere else, please let me have a link.

I so want one of these.

I’m just revamping the shed and was planning on using the undershelf baskets as they hold quite a bit but these would be perfect. If anyone spots this sort of thing anywhere else, please let me have a link

I think the ikea one could work, if you could cut a hole in the top where the bunnies can’t get to, to post in the hay. I’m not sure if that could be done easily. If you had to hinge it away from the wall to fill it I think the hay might fall out the sides. And the gaps in the corners you could mesh to stop them getting their heads or anything stuck

I just need one on a much larger scale for the goat shed now :lol:

I think the ikea one could work, if you could cut a hole in the top where the bunnies can’t get to, to post in the hay. I’m not sure if that could be done easily. If you had to hinge it away from the wall to fill it I think the hay might fall out the sides. And the gaps in the corners you could mesh to stop them getting their heads or anything stuck

I just need one on a much larger scale for the goat shed now :lol:

I’m not in a rush so I’m going to have a look around.

If I see a goat size in a charity shop, I’ll let you know [emoji23]

I’m not in a rush so I’m going to have a look around.

If I see a goat size in a charity shop, I’ll let you know [emoji23]

Thanks :lol: I think I’ll have to make one out of 1inchx1inch mesh :thumb:

Back