• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ?

sammy123

Young Bun
PLEASE HELP ME - ANYONE! Brandy has gone MAD! my fella has just this minute rung me to tell me that she has JUMPED! out of her cadge got on the sofa and chewed a massive whole in it - RUINED!!! she has free run all evening, we let her on the sofa, shes fine! cant understand whats happened, shes starting to get very naughty, not going back in her cadge, even with nice treats on offer, and now this - what CAN i do tonight we are going out and buying a proper cadge, rather than her house, and she going into the kitchen - she cant get up to much in there!!!! Any advice ??? how do you tell a bunny they are being naught - HOW!!! and she bit me yesterday out of no where!

sammy

Sorry to hear about your sofa - rabbits will do what comes natural to them when left unattended. There is not much you an do I am afraid other then to get somewhere your rabbit can live where she cannot jump out of (like a rabbit/dog cage with a lid). Has your rabbit been sprayed? May be why she is playing up if she hasn't and she is a teenager :). As for letting her know she has done wrong.... if Toby is bad he can always tell I am pi**ed off. I pick him up and put him back in his cage and leave him there for the night. However you can spray water at them aswell, they hate that and it’s not harmful. But if she hasn’t been sprayed she may love the attention.

cheeky went through a stage of being a typical adolescent at the age of 6 months . This lasted until he was about 1 years old . He did calm down but I did have to confine him to certain rooms until he did . And he had the occasional chew at me as well .

Skip just loves scratching the sofa and any pillows on it!! :lol:

I'm sure if left alone for a few hours there would soon be a big hole in it too!! :p

He also has this wierd thing about feathers----loves feather pillows and those big feather dusters made from real feathers.........strange :twisted: He's a little devil esp when he gets into a naughty mood.

Sounds like hormones kicking in if she is a youngster! Or if you haven't had her long, she might be testing the waters!! I've had Princess for just over a month now, at first she was brill, came back in the shed when called etc. Now she is a naughty madam! Won't go back in shed, has nipped me couple of times etc. Think that is just her character shining through though, she makes me laugh!!

I'd encourage your bun not to go on sofa if you don't want holes, spend more time on floor with her and give her treats on floor. Positive reinforcement will prob work better when she is doing something you want. If not I guess a bit of time out might help, I'm sure she will soon learn when she has been naughty! Most of what we consider 'naughty' though is just bun's natural behaviours - as with most 'naughty' animals their natural behaviour just isn't acceptable in our human way of living. Animals don't understand or know that though!!

Good luck with the little madam, I just laugh and brush it off if mine are naughty :)

Nicola

Hi there,

Spaying may help her become less flighty. Sometimes they can nip when the hormones kick in. I agree with the rest of the general advice given.

Back