• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long do leave your bunnies for?

being crepuscular animals they are probably loving getting an unexpected lunch and obviously aren't going to refuse it :lol:
When mine are up and about 'for lunch' (usually between 12 and 1pm) I have a tendency to tell them they're supposed to be crepuscular! I usually do it from inside the house though where I can't be heard :lol:

being crepuscular animals they are probably loving getting an unexpected lunch and obviously aren't going to refuse it [emoji38]
To be fair, they are always asleep in their passenger carage when I come home. I alert the warren of food by tapping on a plate and Dennis comes shooting out like an cannon ball

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

When I was working, I usually worked 12 or more hours per day. Even though I lived close by, I rarely left to check on healthy buns because then I had to stay even later to get the work done. They got fresh food. greens and plenty of hay and water in the morning (you may want to get a second water bottle or bowl in case the first one fails/gets tipped over). Fortunately I lived close enough to leave briefly and give them medical care if needed.

You may want to give them their fresh water/hay/food as soon as you wake up so you know by the time you leave the house that they are eating and likely healthy.

Your idea to get a camera set up is wonderful and should give you a lot of comfort. It can also give you a positive focus if you need a few minutes to destress from your new job.

Last edited:
At the moment as my fiancee is working away they're being left for 10 hours. I feed them once a day, and ensure they have enough hay and water to last them 24 hours. I also have a little camera that I can change the angle/direction of remotely so I can check up on them when I'm out

Firstly, loafs and loads of luck for the job- we all hope you get it.
Secondly, if there's a lunchtime helping of noms going in chateaux loobers every day, Lillian is expressing her wish to lodge there! She doesn't get lunch nommies and she and Henry have to make do with stacking up at breakfast - usually around 7am until about 5:30pm. At weekends, Lillian rejoices in the 'on demand' service and finds a sudden appetite at lunch o clock.
And finally, camera? Good idea but you also might see stuff that makes you get grey hares.

Mine are left from 7.30am - 5.30/6pm on the days when both my husband and I are at work. We feed them greens and a small amount of pellets first thing, a small snack when I get home, then greens/forage/hay before bedtime.
(Sometimes a bit more in the evening if they put on their super cute begging faces :oops: )

When Snowy was going through her frequent stasis episodes or if Phillip is having a bit of an off day, then I either pop home at lunch or take them to work with me.
They are fine being left for that amount of time though, at the weekends during those same hours they are mostly just asleep anyway! I mean they'll always take food if offered during those hours but they certainly don't need it :lol:

Good luck for the job!!

Firstly, loafs and loads of luck for the job- we all hope you get it.
Secondly, if there's a lunchtime helping of noms going in chateaux loobers every day, Lillian is expressing her wish to lodge there! She doesn't get lunch nommies and she and Henry have to make do with stacking up at breakfast - usually around 7am until about 5:30pm. At weekends, Lillian rejoices in the 'on demand' service and finds a sudden appetite at lunch o clock.
And finally, camera? Good idea but you also might see stuff that makes you get grey hares.
Maple would like to invite Lillian over so they can be ladies that lunch. My bunnies get breakfast, lunch, dinner, supper and lastly bed time scooby snacks. I feed them little and often . They get forage and hay with 1-2 pellets a day. I suppose it's because they are basically pellet free they get more hay and forage frequently

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Mine have been left 10-12 hours in the past but now they’re staying with my friend, there’s normally someone popping in to see them every few hours. I think they’d be fine with extra water, and perhaps another hay rack?

Back