Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New bunny mum

Default New bunny mum

Hello all, myself and hubby have just adopted 3 male bunnies (brothers) from a local rescue. They arrived last Wed and are settling in nicely 🐰🐰🐰.

We are giving them both the posh hay (Burgess etc) and bedding hay, and yep the bedding hay is preferred! Also the rescue suggested readigrass but they don't seem bothered by it 🙄

Anyway I'm loving having them here 💜💜💜

We also have 4 rescue cats and a stray that we feed who needs debaubling (we've tried trapping him but he is too crafty... haven't conceded defeat yet tho'!)

I look forward to seeing what gets posted on the forums 👀👀👀👀

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mars bar bunny View Post
    Hello all, myself and hubby have just adopted 3 male bunnies (brothers) from a local rescue. They arrived last Wed and are settling in nicely 🐰🐰🐰.

We are giving them both the posh hay (Burgess etc) and bedding hay, and yep the bedding hay is preferred! Also the rescue suggested readigrass but they don't seem bothered by it 🙄

Anyway I'm loving having them here 💜💜💜

We also have 4 rescue cats and a stray that we feed who needs debaubling (we've tried trapping him but he is too crafty... haven't conceded defeat yet tho'!)

I look forward to seeing what gets posted on the forums 👀👀👀👀

Welcome to the Forum

Hello, and welcome to the forum it sounds like you have a lovely furry family

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Wise Old Thumper

Hello and welcome. How old are the babies?

Hello again all, the boys are around 7 months old. Apparently they were part of a litter of 8 and went to the rescue aged 5 weeks as their mum had a stroke and died.

They are called Mars, Pluto and Mercury.

Hello and welcome!
    Mum to five lovely bunnies & two gorgeous doggies
    Sadly missing Benji, Peanut Butter, Bonnie, Cupcake, Noodles, Pud, Ted, Rufus, Albie and Pickle

Visit our etsy for dog bandanas! www.etsy.com/shop/ChloeSuzanneDesigns

Wise Old Thumper

Hello again all, the boys are around 7 months old. Apparently they were part of a litter of 8 and went to the rescue aged 5 weeks as their mum had a stroke and died.

They are called Mars, Pluto and Mercury.
    Wow! I assume they are neutered but lucky they are still happy together.

Hi tonibun, yep they are all neutered tho' the dominant male is still a little 'frisky' with his brothers! The rescue said that so far they get on fine so hopefully this will continue, keeping all my fingers/toes/eyes crossed ����

Wise Old Thumper

Hi tonibun, yep they are all neutered tho' the dominant male is still a little 'frisky' with his brothers! The rescue said that so far they get on fine so hopefully this will continue, keeping all my fingers/toes/eyes crossed ����
    Yeah! Fingers crossed. Have you a contingency plan if it goes a bit pear-shaped?

I'll speak to the rescue for their expert advice. They operate an introduction scheme but I would hate to split them up. The frisky bun Mars is the boss, he acts as lookout and I have only had them a few days so they are still finding their way around.

They are housed in a 7x5 shed with a smaller hutch inside and they can access a 6x8 run so they have plenty of space. My colleagues think I am nuts but I don't care (hmm doesn't like my iPad emojis!)