• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eat more hay

Alicia

Mama Doe
I took Beans to a new vet today, he couldn’t see anything wrong with this teeth really but has suggested a change of hay. The rabbits are currently living in my friends flat so I’ve just been buying hay from the pet shop, some of it is quite dusty and not great. The vet suggested the burgess hay, would anyone else recommend this or suggest something else? I also thought I could scatter herbs in it to keep it interesting and I thought I’d get another hay rack although can’t find one that I thinks big enough

Frosty and Fern both love Timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk, sweet green hay and 5 a day hay from nature’s own, and oxbow orchard grass. They both eat more hay from an open bowl or litter tray than a rack. The hay experts do a sample pack which is handy, and Timothy hay.co.uk will also send samples. There’s hardly any waste with the more expensive hay, compared to the baled hay I used to buy.

Natures own sell lots of dried flowers and herb mixes which are good value and very good quality.

Back